Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Question about care under the EPU

(8 Posts)
Barefootcontessa84 Wed 07-Sep-16 19:00:10

I was wondering how long you see the EPU for? I have a subchorionic haematoma, so have been bleeding quite frequently over the past weeks. Since my first bleed at 6 weeks, I've had follow up appointments every week with them for a rescan. My most recent scan was yesterday (just over 11 weeks), and again the EPU have rebooked me for another in 2 weeks time (all with a doctor).

I have, in the meantime, had my booking in appt, have my 12 week scan next week, and also have a consultant appt (for other reasons) scheduled for later this month. So it seems my EPU care will be alongside the usual course of appointments. I would have thought that midwives/doctors have experience of SCH, and I would be handed back over to the antenatal team at some point? Does anyone know how long the EPU will stay involved?

Thanks!

GherkinsOnToast Wed 07-Sep-16 19:04:19

Our EPU see women up to 22weeks. I was seen a 6,8 14 and 19 weeks by them.

Barefootcontessa84 Wed 07-Sep-16 19:31:52

Thanks Gherkins - do the EPU and the midwifery team exchange notes or do things stay separate?

Mybugslife Wed 07-Sep-16 19:34:00

They should all look at your notes, EPU and mw and consultant etc.
Our EPU only sees you up until 16 weeks so it's different everywhere. X

unsure25 Mon 12-Jun-17 16:27:38

Hello

Wondering if you can help please. I am 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant do I go to epu for a scan? We have a self referral in our area or do I wait for 8 weeks

GreenGoblin0 Mon 12-Jun-17 17:30:16

is there a reason why you need an early scan?

unsure25 Mon 12-Jun-17 17:54:36

Hiya

Yes they asked me to come back once baby heart is beating xxx

Tattybogle89 Mon 12-Jun-17 17:58:36

My area epu are only involved until 13 weeks so everywhere must be different

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now