Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Question about care under the EPU

(4 Posts)
Barefootcontessa84 Wed 07-Sep-16 19:00:10

I was wondering how long you see the EPU for? I have a subchorionic haematoma, so have been bleeding quite frequently over the past weeks. Since my first bleed at 6 weeks, I've had follow up appointments every week with them for a rescan. My most recent scan was yesterday (just over 11 weeks), and again the EPU have rebooked me for another in 2 weeks time (all with a doctor).

I have, in the meantime, had my booking in appt, have my 12 week scan next week, and also have a consultant appt (for other reasons) scheduled for later this month. So it seems my EPU care will be alongside the usual course of appointments. I would have thought that midwives/doctors have experience of SCH, and I would be handed back over to the antenatal team at some point? Does anyone know how long the EPU will stay involved?

Thanks!

GherkinsOnToast Wed 07-Sep-16 19:04:19

Our EPU see women up to 22weeks. I was seen a 6,8 14 and 19 weeks by them.

Barefootcontessa84 Wed 07-Sep-16 19:31:52

Thanks Gherkins - do the EPU and the midwifery team exchange notes or do things stay separate?

Mybugslife Wed 07-Sep-16 19:34:00

They should all look at your notes, EPU and mw and consultant etc.
Our EPU only sees you up until 16 weeks so it's different everywhere. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now