Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

23weeks headache that won't go away!!

(9 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Wed 07-Sep-16 13:36:12

To start off I never get headaches! So this morning I got one, it's not going away I have taken paracetemol and drank a lot of water and juice Iv had my breakfast and lunch but it's still painful!!! I had my bp checked yesterday so don't think it's anything bad! How can I get rid of it?

toffeeboffin Wed 07-Sep-16 13:37:35

Are you tired? Maybe have a nap.

starsinyourpies Wed 07-Sep-16 13:39:18

Have some caffeine smile

MrsH87 Thu 08-Sep-16 07:59:52

I've had on/off headaches for the past few weeks. Until last week I was having one every day. I think it's just hormonal as I'm drinking loads and my bp is fine. I'm 21 weeks now. I'm afraid I don't have many helpful suggestions though! Paracetamol, plenty of water and a sweet snack. If that doesn't work, go to bed!

LondonGirl83 Thu 08-Sep-16 10:03:29

I had a really bad tension headache last week. Putting a hot water bottle on my jaw and neck was the only thing that got rid of it. I think I was grinding my teeth or something

Kariana Thu 08-Sep-16 10:19:12

Lucozade, banana and crisps. Sounds weird but my headache that wouldn't go away at about the same point of pregnancy was caused by lack of potassium and sodium. The more water I drank trying to shift the headache the more I diluted the salts in my body and the worse it got.

LynseyH Thu 08-Sep-16 10:44:17

I recently went to the doctors with severe, persistent headaches. She prescribed co-dydramol which she assured me is safe in pregnancy.
I haven't actually taken any as they tend to make me dizzy but might be worth asking your doctor for help too. My headaches thankfully aren't as bad as they were which is why I decided to cope without x

butterfly990 Thu 08-Sep-16 15:47:47

Have you tried Kool and Soothe blue patches. You stick them on your forehead. They are non-medicinal.

You can buy them in Tescos and Sainsburys

KayTee87 Thu 08-Sep-16 15:57:00

I would try a bath, then get your OH to give you a foot massage then straight to bed and get OH to stroke your head while you relax in bed. Even if it doesn't work it sounds nice eh wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now