Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Up in the middle of the night 7wks pg and started bleeding just want to chat

(11 Posts)
loz12345 Wed 07-Sep-16 04:22:43

So I found out I was unexpectedly pg over bank hols
, everything was fine but yesterday I started spotting and now have a tempI know this can happen and things be fine or could b sign of a urine infection that while risky can be sorted but I can't sleep I am worried and can't contact GP till morning and even then I have to do it without 6yo ds hearing and in between school run.

Work are aware I am pg but no one else other than dh, as I had a mmc last yr which resulted in emergency surgery and I didn't want to worry anyone and still don't.

When I found out about the pg we decided no matter what happen d with it dh would have the snip as we are OK as a three and have been debating it for over a yr and down to personal choice I don't want to give birth after 35 (I am 34 now) now this is happening I am not so sure a 2nd baby would be amazing but I don't want to do anything to cause ds any distress as he is so happy at the moment and he is a worrier and financially we are ok right now.
I know I am jumping the gun a bit but I think you can usually tell if things are ok or not it just seems a long time till 8 when GP opens

Coldhandscoldheart Wed 07-Sep-16 04:28:10

It does seem a long time doesn't it. It always does at this time, it's the darkest, longest part of the night, but it's nearly five and then the sun will be up and it will be all about rushing to get your boy up,and ready for school.
It'll be 8 before you know it.
Can someone else take him so you can phone? I'm assuming you have the everyone phones at eight for three appointments system?
The other this is the epunmight be able to talk to you instead.
Maybe have a cup of tea & try to doze again?

TheFirie Wed 07-Sep-16 04:31:23

It could be so many things and could end well or bad, you never know. Be sure to mention you have a temperature when calling the GP tomorrow, but can't you call an Early Pregnancy Unit or something similar. They might have a night watch and someone answering the phone now.

loz12345 Wed 07-Sep-16 05:10:47

Thank you both,
I am watching celebs go dating to take mind off things it's rubbish but at least I don't need to think about it, unfortunately there isn't anyone to take him to school and tbh he would worry if I didn't take him, he is annoyingly perceptive like that bless him.

Yep it is one of those everybody calls at 8 systems but they have a smaller surgery who called me once and I have there number and it bypasses the switchboard so usually get through quickly.

I am going to have a cups and dh will be up at 6 but think he is pretending things are not happening just like last time, he is great most of the time but stuff like this isn't his strong point, at least I know work will b ok just feel a bit shitty dropping them in it but last time this happened I had spotting ( not the same colour) for about 2 weeks and tried to ignore it hoping it would stop this time at least I am dealing with it now xxxx

Hope u are all up this early for better reasons than me xxxx

loz12345 Wed 07-Sep-16 09:01:06

It is a first called dr got an appointment at 9 so straight after school drop off so hopefully will be able to get me into epu quite quickly, still spotting pink but only when I wipe nothing on pad (sorry if tmi) I just hate not knowing

elliej83 Wed 07-Sep-16 09:09:04

Didnt want to read and run. I had a lot when I wiped in the first 12 weeks and got the to the point where the midwife said only worry if it's on your pants or its bright red so fingers crossed you are okay too smile

loz12345 Wed 07-Sep-16 09:23:37

Thank you Ellie you don't realise how common it is till u post something, no bright red but it is heavier, it's the not knowing that is worse still waiting at GP's typicality they are running half hour late, want to go to knicker check but don't what to miss them calling me, if it isn't good news don't think I could do this again sad

loz12345 Wed 07-Sep-16 12:32:23

Scan booked for Friday morning it's going to be a long couple of days

MyKingdomForBrie Wed 07-Sep-16 12:35:05

Fingers crossed for a good outcome for you OP. Don't worry about ramifications for ds etc at this point, that will all come later.

loz12345 Wed 07-Sep-16 12:52:53

B

loz12345 Wed 07-Sep-16 12:59:12

Posted too soon lol Brie you must be a mind reader sat at home getting upset about ds last time it happened we were on hols and we had to explain what was happening as was in hospital overnight while him and dh were in a hotel and we didn't want to lie to him as he would have worried more, I am trying to do this without him knowing anything is wrong luckily he is at school but I am terrified that I will mc when he is here and won't be able to hide it from him ( I know I am overthinking a bit) the last time I mc it got really scary really quickly. I definitely think this will be our last try wouldn't want to do this again.
I just appreciate everyone's support but sorry for being all me me me xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now