Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is there still a chance I am pregnant?

(3 Posts)
JustmumR Tue 06-Sep-16 20:42:00

I am so confused! AF is usually very regular if not then only out by one day. I can usually tell the day my body is ovulating too. Today I am 9 days late and have done a pregnancy test this afternoon and it has come back negative. My OH and I haven't been actively trying for a baby but if it happens we will be happy. The first day of my last period was 1st Aug making ovulation day 15th Aug as I'm on a 29 day cycle. I am sure we were slightly outside of the 'fertility window' by one or two days so you would assume I'm not pregnant. However, I am never this late, ever! I have very sore and heavy boobs, had a bit of nausea and period like cramping. I have another test which I will do in a few days but I assumed if I was pregnant it would show up by now. Anyone been in the same predicament? Any advice? Xx

NotAClueReally3 Tue 06-Sep-16 20:47:38

I'd say if you haven't had a period there's definitely still a chance!

NK7995a1caX11eb0ed0bae Tue 06-Sep-16 21:02:47

There's always a chance you didn't ovulate when you thought you did, and actually you were slap bang in the fertile window! It can also take a good while for implantation to happen, so obviously the hcg would be slow to build up and show on a test. If you're using a low sensitivity test then that would delay a positive result even further.

So yes, I'd say there's definitely a chance you're pregnant. Having said that there are also a million reasons your period could be late without you being pregnant.

Good luck flowers I hope you get the result you want

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now