Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

36+1 very unwell

(15 Posts)
Daniellexo Tue 06-Sep-16 19:52:09

I'm 36+1 and today iv been feeling rotten.. I have been really sick can't keep anything down also have a bit of diheorrea.. My back is really sore and have a very sore burning feeling in my right ribs.. Just don't feel normal atal ☹️

NK7995a1caX11eb0ed0bae Tue 06-Sep-16 20:21:59

Ooh it sounds horrible. I would give your midwife a ring and see what they say. Lots of symptoms all appearing at once could probably do with checking out. They might be able to give you something to ease your discomfort a bit too.

Give them a call and let us know how you're getting on flowers

CarrieMayBe Tue 06-Sep-16 20:23:37

Please call the hospital, I'm in a hurry and no time to google but I'm sure the rib pain is a symptom of pre-eclampsia. There was once a thread on here many years back and both the mother and baby's lives were saved due to the quick thinking on MNers.

Good luck, please get checked out.

CarrieMayBe Tue 06-Sep-16 20:26:50

Sod it, I'm already late so had to google quickly...pain below ribs on right hand side is definitely a symptom so you must seek medical advice. Hopefully it's just a strained muscle form the vomiting or baby's feet under your ribs but please find out for sure.

tictactoad Tue 06-Sep-16 20:32:24

Nausea and vomiting also symptoms. Hope you're at the hospital and getting seen by now, OP.

Daniellexo Tue 06-Sep-16 20:44:05

I have been to the doctors during the week about the rib pain and like burning sensation and they didn't seem concerned and just sent me on my way told me to take paracetamol.. ☹️

Haggisfish Tue 06-Sep-16 20:45:06

Phone the midwives and ask their advice.

CarrieMayBe Tue 06-Sep-16 20:48:54

But combined with your new symptoms the rib pain becomes more of a red flag. Please ring the hospital and speak to someone there and ask to go in and be checked. Always better to be checked and it be nothing than for it to become something more serious. Please call them now, don't panic but this needs anything more being ruled out my love.

Daniellexo Tue 06-Sep-16 20:51:04

Thank you everyone I will give them a call and let use know how I get on thanks again 😘

ImperialBlether Tue 06-Sep-16 20:54:20

Hope you're ok, Daniello. It sounds horrible and you certainly need to get checked out.

Becciilouisex3 Tue 06-Sep-16 22:56:36

Definitely need to get checked out as both are signs of preeclampsia. Hopefully that's not the case for you and you're just a little poorly but it needs to be ruled out if nothing else smile

You need your pee and BP tested asap really, I'm pretty sure most midwives would send you to triage to be checked if you explained those symptoms to them so give them a call smile

Jodie1982 Wed 07-Sep-16 17:41:19

How are you OP?

Daniellexo Wed 07-Sep-16 18:11:44

Everything seems to be fine had lot protein in my urine but were overly concerned think was just feeling quite poorly.. They arnt concerned about the rib pain.. Had 36 week midwife app today and instead leaving me the 4 weeks want to see me again in 2 weeks baby is very low down and just with how iv been feeling.. But all in all baby and me are okay thank you too everyone X flowers

Becciilouisex3 Wed 07-Sep-16 21:14:56

I'm surprised they haven't kept you in if you have high protein in your urine as that is one of the main indicators of preeclampsia. Along with the rib pain and illness I'd definitely be arguing a bit more that something isn't quite right.

Sincerely hoping all is well flowers

Haggisfish Wed 07-Sep-16 21:19:14

How was your blood pressure? Am also surprised with the high protein. Did you ask about pre eclampsia?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now