Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Scared and looking for reassurance

(17 Posts)
88betty Mon 05-Sep-16 08:47:32

I'm 12 weeks and 4 days, last night I had pink blood. Not a lot but enough to fill a tissue once, I am now having brown blood. Again not very much but it's there.
Currently waiting for a scan appointment as the midwife said she'd refer me.
However has any one else had this and been ok??
I'm so worried and feel like life has just stopped for now.

DanniAngelMummy Mon 05-Sep-16 09:09:01

Hey smile please try not to worry until your scan - like you I had a small bleed but fairly early at around 6 weeks... I had several more up until around 14 weeks. When they scanned me they said their was blood in the uterus (possibly from implantation) and to expect more of it to pass. I'm now nearly 33 weeks pregnant smile
Keep your chin up and try to stay positive! And most of all take it easy, put your feet up! Sending you hugs flowers

88betty Mon 05-Sep-16 09:14:09

Thank you, I've had bleeding before but not as much as last night, even though that wasn't much. But had my 12 week scan and have finally been able to relax, until last night happened that is.
No one warned me about the emotional roller coaster of pregnancy it's been one stress after another confused it's so easy to think the worst. Honestly don't think I could cope with that. I've got a tiny blood clot they said on both previous scans, so wondering if that's decided to bleed out? I don't know if that even happens but have been told it's tiny and nothing to worry about.

DanniAngelMummy Mon 05-Sep-16 09:18:38

That may be the case..
Or if it was after lovies? Some people get cervical erosion during pregnancy.
Have you got to wait long to be re scanned? Fingers crossed everything's okay for you!
I know.. If our hormones aren't enough to deal with they chuck all these worries and uncertainties at us!! Xx

88betty Mon 05-Sep-16 09:21:44

No was just after having a wee. I'm waiting now for the phone call as to when my scan is, previous experience of waiting is 4-5 days! Hopefully they'll fit me in sooner this time. Thanks for responding flowers

elliej83 Mon 05-Sep-16 16:36:21

I've had pink blood at the beginning of pregnancy and also after a bit of a frisky session at 30 weeks blush The midwife said it was because my cervix was softer and not to worry if it was there when I wiped just to be concerned if it was actually in my underwear or red when I wiped.

88betty Mon 05-Sep-16 17:15:57

Thanks mine is only there when I wipe it's a very small amount of brown today I think it's going now. Scan is Wednesday so will be relieved (hopefully) when I've had that.

elliej83 Mon 05-Sep-16 22:32:36

OP sounds really similar although I know it's so hard not to freak out when you see it smile let us know how the scan goes xx

Honeybee79 Mon 05-Sep-16 22:37:11

I had this - quite a bit of pinkish blood then brown spotting on and off. It lasted from 6 until about 9 weeks and I ended up having two early scans. All was fine (am now nearly 28wks) and they said it was quite common in early pregnancy due to changes to the cervix caused by hormones.

Good luck with your scan. Hope all is ok.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 05-Sep-16 23:43:18

I was told if any problem /blessing etc to go striaght to the emergency gynee wards in hospital and get scanned

Or if any clinics near you pay for a private scan to reassure you. Costs £50/60 and often can be seen that day when you ring

ClockMakerSue Mon 05-Sep-16 23:49:02

My mum had period type bleeds until around four months and had no idea she was pregnant with me. I was told at the EPAU that some women do bleed in pregnancy and it can't always be explained despite there being a range of reasons why.

Hope all goes well for you. flowers

88betty Wed 07-Sep-16 11:26:13

Thank you everyone. Baby is absolutely fine and growing well. No sign of a bleed in my womb so they are assuming it must be from my cervix.

DanniAngelMummy Wed 07-Sep-16 11:26:57

That's fab news grin
Xx

88betty Wed 07-Sep-16 11:29:53

So relieved! Was lovely seeing our baby waving at us star

88betty Wed 07-Sep-16 11:55:35

And here he/she is! Any guesses on gender??

Honeybee79 Wed 07-Sep-16 12:03:49

Great news - v pleased to hear.

88betty Wed 07-Sep-16 12:05:18

Thank you very much flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now