Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Rh Negative

(8 Posts)
ArseHair Sun 04-Sep-16 19:11:01

Found out I'm having baby number two today. Over the moon, but I'm winding myself up over my being rhesus negative.

I had the anti d injections last time, and can't find any useful info online about what risks there are to baby two.

Do I need to get a test to see if I'm sensitised? Any help gratefully received smile

imcrackersme Sun 04-Sep-16 19:15:30

I'm the same as you but half way through my pregnancy. You will get advice from the midwife and after your 1st bloods are sent of you will get a letter and a card to carry saying you are rh negative. Basically if your bump takes a bash or you are bleeding you go and present this card and you will get the anti d injection. I panicked at 1st but have calmed down a bit after I got the info.

ArseHair Sun 04-Sep-16 19:22:31

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated!

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Sun 04-Sep-16 19:26:08

Just to reassure you further I have had 11 babies no problems and I am rhesus negative too!!

Notfastjustfurious Sun 04-Sep-16 19:26:10

I've had 3 babied and all has been fine. Had to get anti D at 28 weeks with the last one but really nothing to worry about. The anti you get post baby gets rid of anything leftover from having a positive baby. Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Izzadoraduncancan Sun 04-Sep-16 19:29:42

Was coming on to say Rhesus negative here too and six healthy babies 😊

Gyderlily Sun 04-Sep-16 19:36:47

I'm rhesus negative and both dc are positive, tbh I was vaguely aware of the need for anti D but didn't realise there were any further risks as long as they were given! It was never mentioned to me!

ArseHair Sun 04-Sep-16 20:05:44

Thanks for the reassurances guys. I shall chill out a bit now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now