Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

24 weeks but suddenly have early symptoms?

(9 Posts)
Kione Sat 03-Sep-16 20:23:58

Has anyone experienced this, is it normal?
The symptoms are dificult to describe but like a heaviness in the chest/organs when I sit.
Funny taste in my mouth and gagging while brushing teeth.
This has been quite sudden.
I had a miscarriage in January so I am quite anxious about everything sad

OrianaBanana Sat 03-Sep-16 20:26:41

They sound fairly normal - did they just appear at 24 weeks? I'd contact your midwife if you're concerned, if you're in the UK you should have an appointment with them round about now?

Kione Sat 03-Sep-16 21:53:13

Yeah they've appeared on the last couple of weeks, I had an appointment 2 weeks ago, my next one is in two weeks, and unless I go to hospital they won't give me an appointment earlier

Kione Sat 03-Sep-16 21:53:58

Sorry, symptoms appeared on the last couple of days, not weeks.

OrianaBanana Sun 04-Sep-16 07:29:19

Give your midwife a call, she might need to ask a few questions but could set your mind at rest. flowers

Kione Sun 04-Sep-16 08:03:04

Ok thanks I will do that. Although every time I call (baby not moving made me call a few weeks ago too) sends me into anxiety attack and I start sobbing, they tell me to go to hospital! But they are understanding.
Thanks!

EreniTheFrog Sun 04-Sep-16 08:23:27

Same thing happened to me last time around - at exactly 24 weeks I suddenly started throwing up again, and all my first trimester food aversions came back. It lasted about a fortnight, and I was told by a MW that "sometimes things like that happen". Whatever the reason, though, please don't think of it as a bad sign - as I'm sure you've already heard, morning sickness is usually the sign of a healthy pregnancy, not of problems.

Kione Sun 04-Sep-16 13:41:57

Yes I've heard that, unfortunatelly I had morning sickness before my miscarriage so I get anxious with anything now. Your words are soothing tho as I haven't found the courage to call the ward without breaking down. Baby is moving away so that is reassuring.

OrianaBanana Sun 04-Sep-16 19:58:47

Baby moving is always a good sign flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now