Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Symptoms 3rd Pregnancy

(8 Posts)
ThirdTimeLuck Sat 03-Sep-16 11:49:06

We're your symptoms stronger and earlier in your 3rd pregnancy? I currently feel like I did when I was 6wks pregnant with my first and second (huge sore boobs, very thirsty and nauseous) but I haven't even missed my period yet although it's due in a couple of days. I'd usually assume that I was being obsessive but I've been sick in the afternoon for the past 2 days so I'm pretty sure but at the same time I'm thinking it's not possible because it's so early.

So I was wondering if symptoms were earlier and stronger in third pregnancies? My symptoms were more intense with my 2nd but I know that's not always the case.

LynseyH Sat 03-Sep-16 12:12:55

My symptoms got earlier with each pregnancy. My 2nd and 3rd I felt a bit sick before I did a test, it's what made me go to buy them. This one I missed my period first but felt ill from 5 weeks and felt hideous for a good solid 2 months! Now 17+1 and more or less feeling human again.

UnicornPee Sat 03-Sep-16 12:30:02

I think you are right.
With my 1st & 2nd I didn't realise I was pregnancy until I took a test.

I'm pregnant with my 3rd now and also had a MC in May, so with both I got symptoms before needing to do a test.
My symptoms were extreme tiredness and sore nipples.

Laura05 Sat 03-Sep-16 12:40:43

Yes I had symptoms with this pregnancy (3rd) before my period was due! I was extremely exhausted, I had ligament pain, sore boobs and just felt downright ill. I thought I was coming down with a bug hmm
I had no symptoms with DD or DS until around 8weeks+

Cantwait4summer Sat 03-Sep-16 14:01:20

My symptoms were stronger on my 3rd -more tiredness & sore boobs ! Morning sickness followed after test were horrendous!

ThirdTimeLuck Sat 03-Sep-16 14:32:37

Thank you all, good to know! I'll wait and do a test in a few days, will be happy if I am but it's not the end of the world if I'm not. I just can't think of what else to put all of these symptoms down to.

LynseyH Sat 03-Sep-16 15:26:40

Let us know how you get on!

ThirdTimeLuck Tue 06-Sep-16 20:27:47

I tested yesterday but it was negative, I know it's too early at this point really but my symptoms are getting worse. I'm so nauseous I feel terrible. Does anyone know how symptoms and testing correlate? I would have thought that with strong symptoms a test would be positive - seeing as though it's the hormonal changes that cause the symptoms. Maybe I'm just ill, I feel absolutely rotten with nausea and bloating. I'm not entirely sure of my dates anymore either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now