Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Whooping cough

(5 Posts)
Ellieb717 Sat 03-Sep-16 06:14:20

I'm 36+1 and booked in to get the whooping cough when I'm 36+4 only I thought this was abit late?...online it says the best time is between 20-32 weeks because it works best or something? Just worried that it won't work as I'm so far gone ?

AddictedtoGreys Sat 03-Sep-16 06:28:12

I had mine at 26 weeks (I think), have a chat with the nurse. They may say it's better to have it late than not at all.

CatherineOH Wed 19-Oct-16 23:05:53

I'm so worried, I'm currently 35 weeks pregnant! and haven't had the WC vaccine yet! I have an antenatal appt tomorrow, is it too late for me to get it?

hopeful31yrs Thu 20-Oct-16 04:16:46

I got mine last week at 35 weeks due to a lot of stuff happening before that. It's best to get it onboard and at least it has some time to work or confers some immunity. Don't forget you may have 7 weeks or more left of your pregnancy so all the time to give your baby immunity

soundsystem Thu 20-Oct-16 04:38:47

Definitely better late than never! They recently changed the guidelines from from 28 weeks to 20 for just this reason, that lots of people ended up getting it a bit late, but the change still seems to be filtering through the system. The reason for having it early is it gives more time for immunity to transfer to the baby but it's definitely still worth having.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now