Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First pregnancy so many questions!!

(14 Posts)
SophieRobins Fri 02-Sep-16 13:11:16

I've recently found out that I'm 4/5 weeks pregnant. I've been getting regular pain that feels like period pain. I spoke to the doctor and they said its nothing to worry about but is there anything I can do for the pain? Are hot water bottles ok? Or pain killers?

bumblebee86 Fri 02-Sep-16 13:26:32

I found out I was pregnant 4+1 and for the few days before and after I had pains that felt as strong as bad period pains and I thought my period was coming. I'm sure I had these for a week or two after I found out, but I can't remember. I'm now 22+1 and had 3 scans so far as all is ok smile

bumblebee86 Fri 02-Sep-16 13:27:35

I meant to say you can take paracetamol in pregnancy but I tried not too if I could help it and still do now. If it's really bad you could try taking 1 to see if that helps at all before you take 2. I don't think you can take ibuprofen in pregnancy.

SophieRobins Fri 02-Sep-16 13:50:52

Thank you so much! That's really helpful ☺️ I'm glad everything is going well!

bumblebee86 Fri 02-Sep-16 14:33:51

Thanks smile It seems to be going really quickly for me! Hope everything goes well with you! Are you feeling ok atm?

Becciilouisex3 Fri 02-Sep-16 14:51:07

Sounds normal but monitor it and speak to your midwife if it gets bad and you worry or if you bleed heavily.

Paracetamol are totally fine but don't take any ibuprofen or anything containing anti-inflammatories as my midwife said studies have shown they can cause issues with baby if used a lot smile

Good luck! flowers

SophieRobins Fri 02-Sep-16 21:18:17

Apart from the pain everything else is good! Hoping it won't last too long!

SussexTeacher Fri 02-Sep-16 21:33:09

I had cramps when I first found out. I was convinced AF was coming and kept checking my knickers.... But apparently it's just the uterus stretching.

Good luck with it, I'm only 10 weeks and the nausea is worse than the cramping!! Vom central!

Vlier Fri 02-Sep-16 21:52:42

I have the same thing. Found out this morning that I'm pregnant. I didn't test earlier because I thought I was just late because of the cramps. Keep checking the underwear.

Is a hit waterbottle ok guys? Does anyone know? I'm using one right now but this thread made me think.

DimplePeach Fri 02-Sep-16 22:40:57

Ive read hot water bottles are fine because they dont raise core body temp smile

Titchypanda Fri 02-Sep-16 23:16:40

I had pain a lot in first trimester that felt like period pain. It seems a lot of women get it. If it gets worse, go to GP though as sometimes with a UTI the pain can be similar. I found myself in that situation. A week of antibiotics and lots of fluids and most of the pain had gone. Almost 20w now and still get occasional twinges. Good luck! Hopefully the pains calm down for you.

SophieRobins Sat 03-Sep-16 06:47:19

The hot water bottle has made a world of difference ☺️ When did the nausea start?

bittapitta Sat 03-Sep-16 06:49:42

6 weeks nausea started for me. Don't wish it on anyone.

flumpybear Sat 03-Sep-16 07:09:34

You'll get all sorts of aches and pains, just ignore unless they're 'bad' but it'll be the implantation (it burrows into the endometrium for many weeks to come as the placenta forms and invades into the wall of the uterus) also your uterus will grow 500x bigger soon enough, this means stretching, as well as ligaments moving and being stretched. I hated the pains which fet like
Somebody was putting s knife up inside you ... Really scared me
But midwife warned me not to worry ! I am a worrier!!
So try not to worry unless you happen to have bleeding or are properly in pain then take advice - but always chat to your midwife anyway to help keep yourself calm
Congratulations by the way!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now