Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is she on her way?!

(5 Posts)
LauLau93 Thu 01-Sep-16 13:52:12

Hi guys! I am 39 weeks + 3 with my first and last nhght around 8.30pm i lost a small amount of plug then around 9pm the bottom of my back began to ache and i started having period like cramping. This morning, back ache seems to have eased but im still feeling the cramps on and off and the odd ache in my thigh. Any chance LO will be showing her face soon? Thanks!@

SeenoevilHearnoevilSpeaknoevil Thu 01-Sep-16 13:59:12

Sounds like my labour! Give your midwife a call! Good luck!

toadierocks Thu 01-Sep-16 15:19:11

yep sounds like the early stages. Just take plenty of rest time and keep hydrated and eat if you're hungry. Early stages of labour can take anything from hours to days (until established labour at 3cm) so rest up and take it easy. I was in established labour about 2 days after I lost my plug with my DD but of course everyone is different. If you're worried about anything call triage but in the meantime, plenty of feet up time and get a hottybotty (not too hot tho) on your back or a nice warm bath. Best of luck for your labour x

LauLau93 Thu 01-Sep-16 17:01:45

Thank you! Aches and pains are both on and off so i still think i have a while to wait x

Goldenvalley Thu 01-Sep-16 17:07:35

Sounds positive. Remember to keep a check on baby movements and keep in touch with midwife / hospital if you have any concerns. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now