Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pink blood after sex

(9 Posts)
88betty Thu 01-Sep-16 06:48:49

Last night I had this pink blood after sex, it wasn't a lot, but still enough to worry me. Nothing at all this morning and it was just pink smudgey at the time. I'm 12 weeks, would you say this is ok/normal?

Paulat2112 Thu 01-Sep-16 06:50:24

I don't think blood after sex is ever ok or normal. I would phone your midwife or gp today

88betty Thu 01-Sep-16 06:52:50

Ok thanks, just I've read online about the cervix being weaker when pregnant and that can bleed.

NotSpartacus Thu 01-Sep-16 06:54:44

It's probably fine (that area of your body has a lot of blood in it in pregnancy and your cervix may just have bled a little) but get it checked.

Butimstillhungry Thu 01-Sep-16 06:55:56

I doubt it's anything to worry about. This happened to me in my first pregnancy every time I had sex. Although hasn't happened during this pregnancy.

I think it's something to do with a sensitive cervix.

Call your midwife for reassurance.

Rulerruler Thu 01-Sep-16 06:57:42

It's probably just cervical erosion (it's not uncommon) but you need to be checked to confirm it. Simple examination will put your mind at rest so give your midwife a call.

88betty Thu 01-Sep-16 06:58:27

Thanks, I had a scan 2 days ago and everything was fine.
I'll ring later anyway, it did happen about 8 weeks too, and my partner thinks it was the same position blush so I think we'll be staying away from that in future!

frenchknitting Thu 01-Sep-16 07:00:05

I had slight spotting after sex all the way through my first pregnancy. My midwife said it was likely just cervical erosion. However, as I had R neg blood, she said I'd need to phone the hospital every time after 12 weeks, and possibly get the anti d injection. So didn't have much sex.

I'd phone your midwife or hospital, just to put your mind at rest.

88betty Thu 01-Sep-16 07:33:34

Thanks all.
Just spoken to a midwife and she said if it's pink it's because it's mixed with other fluids from the cervix and it'll be cervix erosion. She says they only worry if it's bright red which it was most certainly not. Relieved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now