Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cheap maternity occasion dress recommendation?

(10 Posts)
Craftycakey15 Wed 31-Aug-16 12:58:26

I have a wedding in two weeks when I will be 34 weeks pregnant. I need to buy an occasion dress but really want one as cheap as possible as I am only really going to wear it once now before I give birth.

Can anyone recommend a company? It's for a smart wedding in a hotel in Central London and so it cant be casual looking.

user123456789 Wed 31-Aug-16 12:59:37

ASOS sale is pretty decent! X

Figgygal Wed 31-Aug-16 13:01:25

Have you tried Ebay?

I bought a ASOS maternity dress Maroon Maxi formal dress for £20 Brand New have worn it to 2 weddings at 29 weeks and 35 weeks. Plan had been to resell afterwards but caught on my shoes on both occasions and so too many pulled threads but I don't mind as feel got a bargain and used it more than once.

EreniTheFrog Wed 31-Aug-16 13:16:35

I'd also suggest eBay!

LuckySantangelo1 Wed 31-Aug-16 13:18:51

Yes to eBay! I got a fab seraphine maxi dress off eBay that was flattering & glam. Asos too was great for frocks that were still stylish despite being in tent like proportions.

Pleasemrstweedie Wed 31-Aug-16 13:19:33

I hired. Got a very expensive dress for the cost of a cheap one to buy.

Pinklily1 Wed 31-Aug-16 15:56:31

I got a dress from ASOS maternity - it was £38. They have quite a few nice ones.

umizoomi Wed 31-Aug-16 16:02:39

I was going to say ASOS or Debenhams. Debenhams have some lace bodycon ones in the sale for £22.50 and a really nice prom dress but only size 6 left in that. They might have some non-sale too ?

plimsolls Wed 31-Aug-16 16:05:05

Agree with everything above but also to say you might be able to wear a non-maternity maxi skirt if you have a smart one and then just buy a co-ordinating maternity top. This would be cheaper and/or better value for money as you'd probably get more wear out of the top.

Craftycakey15 Wed 31-Aug-16 22:17:14

I looked on ASOS and couldn't find anything right. I would never have thought of EBay, good idea.

Can I ask the name of the hire company please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now