Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stretch marks!!

(6 Posts)
NEmum Wed 31-Aug-16 12:15:52

After your experiences please!

I'm 26 weeks & have noticed my first, pretty small to be fair, stretch mark. Are they guaranteed to keep coming now or could I get away with just this one??!

X

Trifleorbust Wed 31-Aug-16 12:36:51

Probably going to keep coming, but there are things you can do that might minimise them. Are you drinking lots and lots of water? Are you massaging with a good quality oil like Bio oil or olive? These things may or may not work but they're our best bet...

MadeForThis Wed 31-Aug-16 12:39:07

I only got one in my leg. Was ruthless with applying bio oil and palmers coco butter (nearly) every day.

But to be honest I think it's down to genetics. If you're gonna get them then you're gonna get them.

I got my DH to apply it every night. Made him feel a bit more involved and helped him to bond with the bump. Also tried to put it on after every shower.

When bump got bigger tried not to scratch it as I was convinced that would cause them to appear. Not at all based on fact just my pregnant logic.

Uiscebeatha85 Wed 31-Aug-16 14:59:24

There's nothing you can really do to minimise them unfortunately. I got my first one at 30 weeks and had a lot by the time I gave birth to DD. They fade in time

NEmum Wed 31-Aug-16 18:07:35

My husband has had a look and we now think it's a scar from an operation I had a few years back! Will continue with the bio oil & drinking like a fish, even though I'm with you guys, if they're gonna come, they're gonna come!

Thanks for replying! X

user1477283453 Mon 24-Oct-16 05:37:38

Recently Gave dermelastic serum to a friend who has just had a baby. She said the stretch marks are already showing signs of fading and the serum is lovely to apply without being too oily, and it smells very nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now