Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fuck me I'm grumpy - anybody joining me in a world of irritability and irrationalness?

(34 Posts)
Rubberduck2 Tue 30-Aug-16 19:41:10

Only 27+4 and I am a grumpy, nasty, irritable, hate the world twat today.

I am eternally grateful to be up duffed after loosing 4 last year but fuck me, I do not remember it being this hard last time around with DD although that was 10 years ago and there has been much wine consumed since.

If it's hot I'm too fucking hot, if it's rains it's too fucking wet, if people disagree with me I want to hurt them, I cry solidly for hours out of sheer anger and frustration then am absolutely fine for a few days until it starts all over again.

Am I the only grumpy twat around atm?

Meh.

Plop.

NovemberInDailyFailLand Tue 30-Aug-16 19:47:13

Nah. I am a miserable cow, too. I'm fat, I'm too hot, I can't eat without feeling sick or walk anywhere much because I'm a giant whale.

Rubberduck2 Tue 30-Aug-16 20:15:31

I'll be lucky if I have a relationship left by the end of this pregnancy!!

suspiciousofgoldfish Tue 30-Aug-16 21:32:01

I'm now sure this feeling ever really goes away.

I'm not even PG anymore and I still hate pretty much everyone.

So, no advice, but they do say misery loves company grin

Marmalade85 Tue 30-Aug-16 21:38:27

Wanted to join but then realised this is in pregnancy. I'm a recently single new mother working full time and want to murder everyone in my sights.

lightcola Tue 30-Aug-16 21:41:20

Being pregnant and now a pregnant again parent has made me super mean. I can hear myself being unreasonable but just can't stop.

NovemberInDailyFailLand Tue 30-Aug-16 21:41:20

Me, too. Everything my husband does is WRONG. He's just so wrong, about everything. Also, he's male. So he is even more wrong angry

Rubberduck2 Tue 30-Aug-16 21:46:45

I know I'm being unreasonable but have no stop button.

I am currently upstairs and he is down. We have argued by text all day. I say argued I have goaded.... He has had enough. This angers me more.. Why does he not understand! Then as soon as I've pushed it to far I'm devastated and sorry.

I'm a fucking liability at the moment.

StubbleTurnips Tue 30-Aug-16 21:49:44

Will join you all.

DH hasn't been able to do anything right since we found out. I keep my temper with DD, but fuck me am I snarky to everyone.

Roll on Christmas (due date) when I hopefully won't feel like the devil incarnate.

NovemberInDailyFailLand Tue 30-Aug-16 21:54:44

I know that feel!

I've moaned at him most of this week because he Does Not Understand. I then apologise, only to moan again.

Only 5 weeks to go...sigh.

BabyMarkie19 Tue 30-Aug-16 22:00:10

I'm with you.

I even told my boss to f off today. If I have a husband, any friends and a job left by the time this baby drops its will be a miracle.

Rubberduck2 Tue 30-Aug-16 22:03:13

It does make me feel better to know I'm not alone in this.

It's shite. I had visions of floating through this pregnancy, glowing and all angelic like.. Not moaning at all but being brave and heroic.

Ha ha fucking ha.

Womenareliketeabags Tue 30-Aug-16 22:09:27

I need to show my DH this thread. I'm 39 weeks now and I have been hideous the entire of this pregnancy (as I was the last one too) I honestly don't think our marriage could take another pregnancy therefore no more children.

Everything he does is wrong, if he does it its wrong, if he doesn't do it he is wrong, if he offers to help its wrong and if he doesn't offer its wrong. I know I'm being out of order but I just can't stop it! Then I feel bad and cry.

BubbaM Tue 30-Aug-16 22:22:40

At 17 weeks I can't believe the monster I have become. I thought pregnancy was about being all glowy and exciting. No one tells you it's actually about puking, not fitting in any clothes and constipation. No wonder were grumpy!

NovemberInDailyFailLand Tue 30-Aug-16 22:29:51

I felt a bit glowy before I became gigantic. Now I just feel like an angry hippo.

alphabook Tue 30-Aug-16 22:38:23

Joining the grumpy bench. I'm only 14 weeks but my hormones are all over the place. The other day I burst into tears for literally no reason, I had no idea why I was even crying.

StMary Tue 30-Aug-16 22:42:25

I'm not pg but have been in a VILE mood all evening.

NutellaCookie Tue 30-Aug-16 23:19:34

Same here. 23 weeks with DC2 and a right grump. DH says I have had a personality transplant hmm

I loved being pregnant with DS, found it a breeze. This time I am huffing and puffing when I bend down, can't seem to get comfy and feel fatigued very quickly. Not like me at all, normally super active, energised and upbeat.

I am really trying to enjoy this experience but it's tough. Hoping I might feel better once autumn arrives.

Roll on Christmas when this one is due.

NutellaCookie Tue 30-Aug-16 23:20:49

Oh and ditto crying...lots of crying

NovemberInDailyFailLand Tue 30-Aug-16 23:32:32

The crappy heat doesn't help, just makes everything worse.

NovemberInDailyFailLand Tue 30-Aug-16 23:34:41

Same to crying, too. I'm now begun crying at sad Daily Mail articles about animals, and assuring my pets that they are the cutest babies in the whole world and that Mummy will love them for ever and ever...sniff...sob...

AudreyBradshaw Wed 31-Aug-16 00:51:13

28 weeks here. Hormones are so odd. Ridiculously chilled that my Dh just lost his job (thrilled in fact, it was dangerous and they've done us a favour really!) But cried because my legs look weird today and I'm worried I'll never be able to wear shorts again....Despite not having worn shorts since we last went on holiday 2 and a half years ago.

Kariana Wed 31-Aug-16 09:26:13

I'm so glad it's not just me. Might read some of this to dh tonight, he is very understanding and takes a lot of grump from me but even he has started to protest I'm being mean to him. I feel so guilty but then 5 minutes later I'm at it again!

Ryooki Wed 31-Aug-16 10:07:49

If you looked up cantankerous in the dictionary you'd see my grumpy, angry, tear soaked face next to it! I'm only 9 weeks so who knows how my poor, DH is going to survive me for the next 30 (or so) weeks?!

Rubberduck2 Wed 31-Aug-16 10:11:18

I've calmed down today but OH has not so I'm now back tracking and grovelling as I've been a right shit to him.

I know it's hormones but why? WHY does this happen?! What part in the grand scheme of everything was it a good idea to turn us in to 13 year old girls who have no control of their emotions, when there is already a load of physical symptoms going on.

Pants.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now