Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby has turned breech and I'm 37w

(2 Posts)
AfroPunk Tue 30-Aug-16 15:27:29

Had a routine antenatal appointment this morning and my MW was surprised as my baby was 'cephalic long' at 35w (am 37w today).

I'm booked in for an ELCS in 2 weeks' time due to previous CS anyway, but I'm shocked that the baby has turned so late! I felt very off about 10 days ago: lots of pressure, discomfort and I couldn't really walk, so I wonder if baby turned then?

Ever since, I've felt pressure low down, some pain in the lower part of my bump (which does eventually pass); blows to my foof and bum which do stop me walking at times. I need to wee a lot (can be up 4x per night). Also, if I lean over my bump, I feel like the baby is moving as if to say 'Hey! Get off!' and I have to lean up again.

Are those common to feel with a breech baby? Is it possible for baby to move head down again now?

Macdat Tue 30-Aug-16 19:56:51

It happens sometimes. As far as I know, there have been lots this happened to then baby turned again later when it was ready. I had the same as you, asked on here, and lots of women replied saying they had the same and all was fine, baby turned at 39, 40 or whenever they went into labour.

I'm not sure if everything else you said is common to feel, but I felt like that myself when mine was breech. It could be normal for babies head down too though. I think I recall lots of women saying how uncomfortable they've been or kicks they're feeling. Getting up to pee is definitely normal though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now