Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

20 week scan tomorrow

(7 Posts)
Joydgreen88 Mon 29-Aug-16 18:29:37

And I am a ball of nerves! I'm so excited to see our baby again, but working myself into a panic that this will be the one where they tell us something is wrong. Did everyone else feel like this the night before? All was absolutely fine at 12 weeks and 15, so I'm sure I'm fretting unnecessarily but I just can't help myself! What is the likelihood of bad news at 20 weeks?

Jojo13 Mon 29-Aug-16 19:13:34

I definitely felt nervous at my 20 week scan even though 12 weeks was absolutely fine. (I didn't have a 15 week) I think it's perfectly normal to be nervous. I think i was pretty nervous about absolutely everything from when I found out I was pregnant! You worry about the scans, the movement, the birth going ok, and then when they arrive safely a whole new world of worry!
I'm sure your scan will be absolutely fine, enjoy! X

ImYourMama Mon 29-Aug-16 19:26:33

I was horrendously nervous too and it was ok, all I would say is to prepare for a near silent scan as the technician will be concentrating and this is not a bad sign

Surf25 Mon 29-Aug-16 21:36:05

I am sure this is perfectly normal. I am nervous too, I also have my 20 week scan tomorrow. I have three dc already and felt this way about all of the scans I have had! All the best for you tomorrow!

DoubleCarrick Mon 29-Aug-16 21:38:47

I have my 20 week tomorrow as well!! I was terrified at my 12 week scan and started sobbing on the table before she'd even scanned me! I'm nervous about tomorrow but not dreading it as much as I was the 12 week mmc discovered at 12 weeks last year

Dollface136 Tue 30-Aug-16 10:40:49

Totally normal to be nervous as this is the scan where they look for abnormalities in great detail so as others said, prepare for a silent scan as there is a lot to measure and scan.

If you haven't had any issues with scans/bloods so far then statistics are on your side for a healthy baby.

I found this fact reassuring so hope you do too, my midwife told me they are unlikely to find an issue and if they do it is rare for that issue to be life threatening and usually means just that everyone is prepared to give baby a little extra help if needed at birth.

Joydgreen88 Tue 30-Aug-16 14:01:45

Just got back, and everything looks absolutely normal and we found out we're having a girl! Couldn't be happier! Good luck to everyone else having their scans today, and thank you all for your reassurances, really helped put my mind at ease.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now