Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Waters/bleed at 14 weeks?

(8 Posts)
DragonflyMornings Mon 29-Aug-16 16:31:24

I'm 14 weeks pregnant. Had a miscarriage at 10 weeks earlier this year. Woke up this morning feeling like I'd wet myself whilst asleep. No pains or cramping at all. I'd leaked enough blood tinged water to soak through pyjama bottoms and onto duvet. Had several drops of fresh blood too. Thought I recognised the smell as amniotic fluid.

Spent all morning at hospital waiting for a scan. Baby appears fine, waters appear intact and internal examination showed that there was no fresh blood and they seemed happy that my cervix was normal. Have come home after being told to take it easy and that bleeds are common and can be caused by all sorts.

Obviously it's frightened me and although they seemed happy with the scan, its confused me as to how I can have what appeared to be a gush of amniotic fluid and a bleed, and there not be anything wrong.

Can't see how I can possibly relax now sad

Please tell me somebody else has had the same and it's all been alright?

DanniAngelMummy Mon 29-Aug-16 16:53:42

Hey,
I'm sorry to hear you had a previous MC and are going through this!
I had a MC at 12 weeks with my first pregnancy and am now on my 3rd pregnancy. I have had several bleeds/what I thought were waters with this pregnancy, starting at 6 weeks and finishing at about 14 weeks. I'm happy to say I'm 32 weeks pregnant on Thursday and everything with baby is fine smile
It's hard having had a previous MC makes us extra sensitive, it's not easy but please try and take it easy! It will help you and baby smile xxx

DragonflyMornings Mon 29-Aug-16 19:23:38

Thanks for your reply smile
The more I think about it, the more I am sure it was amniotic fluid. I was so relieved to be told that the baby was still alive and in its waters (I'd already convinced myself the baby must have passed away), I didn't get a chance to ask about the fluid. Can a bit leak randomly and then it reseal itself?

Dixiechick17 Mon 29-Aug-16 20:21:35

I had similar happen at 24 weeks, the consultant could see pockets of water in my internal scan, and thought maybe a slow leak from hind waters that built up in little pickets which would then gush out a bit, he couldn't confirm for definite but wasn't concerned as he said unlikely to get an infection. I was monitored throughout for other reasons and in the end properly popped at 40+5.

Must have been very scary for you, if in doubt always speak to your midwife and get checked out. It's what they are there for, better than sitting worrying.

user1472501544 Mon 29-Aug-16 21:31:17

Hi around 16 weeks I lost a lot of blood and it carried on for 2 days at one point when I stood up off the toilet watery brown blood leaked from me, I was adamant that I had lost the baby , went for a scan ( they made me wait a week!) and everything was fine they didn't know what the bleed was from . Not had any more bleeds since and now I'm 33 weeks pregnant impatiently waiting for my little girl to arrive xx

DragonflyMornings Tue 30-Aug-16 07:17:52

Thanks so much for the replies, I've never really heard anyone say this had happened and I was incredibly lucky that my pregnancy with my DD was textbook. It's a relief to hear that somebody else has experienced similar. Planning to have a word with my midwife today if I can get hold of her.
No more blood/waters/anything overnight thankfully so fingers crossed.

schokolade Tue 30-Aug-16 11:42:43

I had a bleed at 14 weeks with DD. Just the one bleed. She's 2.5 years old now.

Focus on what the doctors are telling you - the baby is ok. Terrifying though isn't it...

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 30-Aug-16 11:51:17

I bled for weeks in pregnancy.
I'm also 90 percent sure my waters went at 19 weeks.

I physically felt a pop and I was in the bath at the time. Sat up to see a yellowish (but not wee yellow more a lighter slightly browny/straw yellow colour) tinged with a bit of blood, between my legs which obviously quickly dispersed in the bath water but I know what I felt and saw.

Thought I'd loose the baby that night as woke to tightenings. Barely felt them they weren't painful I could more see them than anything else.

Anyway despite all this the baby hung in there. These things can just happen sometimes.

I will say this though. Despite heading to A&E the following morning and explaining what happens I git the very shirt shrift from some woman who begrudgingly scanned me whilst barely taking any notice and promptly told me all was OK.

Two weeks later when I had the anomaly scan of was told levels were low and baby hadn't grown and was two weeks behind.

All was well in the end though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now