Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Confused - Days, Weeks, Due Date

(3 Posts)
Vida32 Mon 29-Aug-16 13:19:47

Hello,

I'm brand new at this. I had my first ever BFP on Saturday at cycle day 35 (having had a BFN on day 31). Tested again yesterday (just in case!) and another BFP.
I've been trying to work out how pregnant I am. My last period started on 24th July and - though my cycles can be pretty variable - I worked out that the average length over the last 10 cycles was 32 days.

I put that into the First Response 'How Far Along Are You?' Calculator online and it said 5 weeks and 1 day. I put the same information into the NHS due date calculator and it says 4 weeks. The due date they suggest is the same.

Any idea why the week numbers are different on the two sites? And which is correct?

Thanks.

April241 Mon 29-Aug-16 15:14:52

Congratulations!

I'd go with the NHS calculator, I put my own dates into both and the first response was off by a week. Strange!

The midwives will base your due date on your LMP with a 28 day cycle, even if you know you have a 32 day cycle, and then it'll be adjusted at your 12 week scan when they've measured the baby so don't worry too much. When you call to self refer (or however your area works) they'll ask for your LMP so they can schedule your booking in appt. Based on that you're 5 weeks pregnant with a due date if April 30th, it's just easier for them to base everyone off 28 days as this is the average cycle and then adjust at scan.

My cycles ranged from 28-35 days, original due date was November 2nd which changed to October 28th after my scan.

kirstymtaylor88 Mon 29-Aug-16 20:26:40

I just found out today. I'm in the same boat - proper period on the 22nd July, but then I had two days spotting on 3rd August so I'm not sure how pregnant I am either! I guess I'll just wait until the scan to find out grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now