Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First baby fears

(15 Posts)
BettyPowell93 Sun 28-Aug-16 19:53:35

So the good news is I got two positive tests on Thursday night and just clear blue confirmed it as 3+ weeks. The bad news is my partner has spent since being told on Thursday to now going "it can't be mine" & treating me like shite to the point I have to hide at my sisters to get away from him stressing me out & shouting and swearing at me. We only moved in together permanently 8 weeks ago and I'm already looking at leaving and doing this on my own

So now I've got 3 positive tests how soon should I make a doctors appointment? I'm terrified about doing this alone but I know he just is going to keep saying its not his even when I haven't touched another man sad

Dozer Sun 28-Aug-16 19:56:06

Sorry your DP is being so shit. Definitely move out.

No need for a doctors appointment: you can just phone up and be referred to the midwifery service. All being well nothing much happens with the health services until the first scan. Just take the folic acid etc.

BettyPowell93 Sun 28-Aug-16 20:08:50

Ahh thank you so much, I've no idea how far along I am. The last period I can remember puts me at about 12wks but I'm not sure it was the 2nd June

Trying for a baby was my partners idea because he was convinced he's "running out of chances" he's 34 & I'm 23. Now he's got the chance of what he "always wanted" he's throwing it back in my face every opportunity he gets

EreniTheFrog Sun 28-Aug-16 20:17:16

Your P sounds an arse. If you want advice on how to leave, do pop over to the relationships board here.

BettyPowell93 Sun 28-Aug-16 20:32:28

I will pop over, my sister who's 37 weeks gone or so has been fantastic. She was more excited about the clear blue test than I was today bless her

She's offered once babies here I can move in with her but we have between us 3 cats that all hate each other grin

Dozer Sun 28-Aug-16 20:34:40

Glad you have RLsupport. If you're that far along you might be able to get a scan and blood tests etc at short notice, your GP surgery can advise on the phone.

quitecrunchy Sun 28-Aug-16 20:38:14

Hang on, you were ttc on his suggestion and he's saying the baby can't be his? Does he not recall any of the unprotected sex he's been having with you?!

Sorry you have to put up with such an utter knob head. flowers That's great you have such good support from your sis.

Yes give your surgery a call and ask about midwife referral. They might need you to go in and fill in a form or may just give you the number for the maternity unit to refer yourself.

Good luck with your pregnancy.

MumiTravels Sun 28-Aug-16 20:40:56

Your partner sounds like a wanker either way. I don't think that sort of behaviour is on and isn't the basis of a good relationship especially when a child is involved. I wouldn't go back.

Then as for your pregnancy. On Tuesday ring the GP and see what the protocol is in your area. Some areas GP's don't get involved and you go straight to the midwife, other areas the GP see's you first. You'll need to be seen soonish though to make sure you get all your bloods done etc. Also, try and buy some folic acid from the supermarket tomorrow.

Stay with your sister as long as you can as well and avoid the partner.

BettyPowell93 Sun 28-Aug-16 20:48:12

I don't want to impose too much on my sis as she's due in the next few weeks bless her & she's terrified.

Yep ttc on his suggestion because whilst I'm younger I know my career can go on hold for a while. Ive told him I'm making a Drs appointment Tuesday and going from there if he wants to come fine if he doesn't want to come also fine

BertieBotts Sun 28-Aug-16 20:52:47

Holy shit, OP, your ex has more red lights than a Christmas tree.

Please make him stay an ex. He is an utter arse. 3 warring cats, 2 babies and 2 sisters sounds great. Stick with her!

BettyPowell93 Sun 28-Aug-16 21:02:48

Ha ha ha thanks I know he has more red lights than Blackpool illuminations lol

Yeah 2 hormonal Powell sisters, 2 babies under 1 and 3 warring cats in a 2 bed flat sounds almost welcome smile

Dozer Sun 28-Aug-16 21:10:51

Don't go back.

What do you mean your career can wait?! That is illogical thinking: far easier for women to progress at work before having DC. Risk of being trapped AH because of the cost of childcare and low wage work.

And you weren't married, so even more reason not to give up WOH!

BettyPowell93 Sun 28-Aug-16 21:14:28

Ive not long ago become AAT qualified (I say that it was 18 months ago) I work as an accountant so work is fairly easy to come by and if it isn't I have self employed clients

There's no way I'll be going back now

BertieBotts Sun 28-Aug-16 21:16:18

He's a bad seed. A man who persuades a woman 11 years younger than him (and early 20s at that, nothing against you, hmm at him) to get pregnant with outright lies about running out of time (bullshit) and then turns on you as soon as you achieve this goal is an abuser. You don't want him anywhere near you or your baby.

BettyPowell93 Mon 29-Aug-16 09:49:44

BertieBotts my sis said exactly the same! He's still being an arse today but has shown abit of interest in things (by this I mean he's taken a photo of the clear blue test) I assume he's sent it to his sister who he's close to

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now