Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Unsure of the outcome of my pregnancy tests

(20 Posts)
Prinny94 Sat 27-Aug-16 20:43:49

I came off the mini pill around 3 weeks ago (as i got married and wanted to give my body a break and have been on it for a year) and haven't been using any other form of contraception, after a couple of days being off the pill and having a lovely honeymoon ;) I've been having serious cramps and thinking I was suffering from appendicitis also with head aches, tiredness and lots of thick discharge, I took a test yesterday at 12ish looked at it for a minute it was negative so threw it in the bin went back to it to throw out the rubbish and there is 2 clear lines, but did one the next morning and is negative but hasn't changed like the other one over time. I would just like peoples opinions. Thank you .

Endofthelinee Sat 27-Aug-16 20:45:53

I would say that's a definite positive. Congratulations!!

Whatsername17 Sat 27-Aug-16 20:46:29

It's probably an evap line. You could try testing again in a few days to be sure.

skatesection Sat 27-Aug-16 20:48:05

I think tests aren't valid after some time (10 mins??) because they make something called "evaporation lines" which are false positives.

Try again with first morning urine tomorrow.

crje Sat 27-Aug-16 20:48:43

I think the lines show up after time from the moisture.
The test should be read after 10 mins only.

melibu84 Sat 27-Aug-16 20:49:08

Wait a few days -a week and then try again. As one is negative, would not start celebrating yet.

DubiousCredentials Sat 27-Aug-16 20:53:46

They both look clearly positive to me.

Prinny94 Sat 27-Aug-16 20:54:02

Should I try a pink dye test in a couple of days? I thought I would of had a small bleed by now after coming of the pill aswell.

Prinny94 Sat 27-Aug-16 20:55:03

Both the tests are the same just one is zoomed in.

chocolateismyweakness Sat 27-Aug-16 20:56:39

I would definitely use a pink dye test in a few days. I don't like the blue dye ones, I have found them to be confusing and unreliable in the past

Trifleorbust Sun 28-Aug-16 10:42:53

Looks positive to me - test again in a couple of days to be sure, but you don't need to wait a whole week. If you get another line like that one, I would take it a positive result!

Prinny94 Mon 29-Aug-16 14:52:42

I took a Frer this morning and it came back negative, I'm just really confused as I've not had a period yet or a withdrawal bleed.

Dlah Mon 29-Aug-16 15:11:19

I tested 1 day late . . 10 min window - negative.

I tested 3 days late - 10 min window - negative

I spoke to my sister on day 3 being slightly annoyed and she said had I checked after 10 mins, I said no, had just thrown away . . She told me to go check . . Randomly/thankfully they were just in a bedroom bin, so fished them out and both then had 2 lines!

I tested the next day . . Positive in 4 mins very clearly!

Still to this day baffles me - but I'd say yes, positive!

Dlah Mon 29-Aug-16 15:12:20

This was the 2 originals and the 3 extra I did once got my BFP to make sure lol

Prinny94 Sun 04-Sep-16 20:16:49

Here is an update smile

Whatsername17 Sun 04-Sep-16 20:26:29

Congratulations x

DubiousCredentials Sun 04-Sep-16 20:33:26

Yay congratulations!!!

EccentricPickle Sun 04-Sep-16 20:39:39

Well, there's no mistaking that one smile. Congratulations! flowers

I would have also said that the first test was positive - Evap lines tend to be colourless, yours is clearly blue, although faint. My test from my last pregnancy was similar and it was positive.

louiseplusditi Sun 04-Sep-16 20:59:16

Congratulations! Perhaps the original tests weren't able to pick up on it because it's early days!

crje Mon 05-Sep-16 14:21:33

Congratulations

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now