Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Student midwife calculated dates wrong - I think!

(8 Posts)
ps2304 Fri 26-Aug-16 12:44:08

I had a student midwife for booking appointment, I was 10 weeks and a few days at the appointment. 11 weeks today. The other midwife told me 17th March as edd. As do all my apps! Last period was 10th June. On blood test results, I have just been reading through notes and it says 10 weeks pregnant, edd 5th April?! That would be 43 weeks after last period!
She forgot she had to work it out in the appointment and only realised when her mentor was signing off her notes. So maybe she did it in a hurry?

Do I need to ring and ask them or will they alter it if my scan matches up to my dates next week?
Thanks

wouldthatitwere Fri 26-Aug-16 12:49:02

Don't worry they will give you a much more accurate date at the scan, it does seem like the student midwife has made a mistake, maybe mention it but they write the scanned due date along side. And Congratulations! flowers

Laura05 Fri 26-Aug-16 12:49:21

To be honest they don't take much notice of the edd written in your notes. They base it on your scan so I wouldn't worry about it at all.

ps2304 Fri 26-Aug-16 12:50:05

Ok thank you!

ALittleOblivion Fri 26-Aug-16 13:05:11

If they book the 12 week scan based on incorrect dates though, it means possibly being too late for the nuchal test doesn't it? I am pretty sure that has to be done before a certain time (13.5 weeks ish?) So if you went along to the 12 week scan past that you would miss out on the screening (assuming you want it of course). Definitely worth a phone call now to query if you want the nuchal screening, just in case!

ps2304 Fri 26-Aug-16 13:49:00

Hi, my scan is on the 7th so i will be 12 + 5 according to my dates. Thank you though!

MalcolmTuckersEyebrows Fri 26-Aug-16 14:04:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

skatesection Fri 26-Aug-16 16:24:17

My first EDD was done by the fertility doctor who did my early scan and she did it wrong. I don't know HOW, after all she knew exactly how old the embryo was and when she put it in me...
Anyway, at the 12 week scan, the sonographer gave the same EDD I'd calculated, and they just changed my notes and that was that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now