Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this baby lying on my intestines? Anyone else having problems passing No 2s?

(4 Posts)
dodi1978 Wed 24-Aug-16 11:19:29

I am 34 weeks tomorrow. I don't feel constipated as such, but for a few weeks now have been having problems squeezing No2s out occasionally.

This morning was the worst - took me half an hour whilst I had to deposit DS1 in front of Fireman Sam... well, he didn't mind! It felt a bit like the pushing stage and, I suppose will prepare the muscles down below. But I still feel bruised now!

Would stool softeners help? I have a midwife appointment tomorrow anyway and will raise it with her.

DesignedForLife Wed 24-Aug-16 11:21:26

Very normal, stool softener will help, but so can resting your feet on something like a step or a bin... The position makes it easier to pass stools blush

Weezie85 Thu 25-Aug-16 10:21:17

Normal, I got told that when you are sitting if you also do a clockwise circular motion it helps. It works for me as well as having feet on bin.

dodi1978 Fri 26-Aug-16 13:19:57

Thanks, both!

Got a stool softener prescribed by the midwife yesterday, but will only use it if the problem gets worth again... it was ok in the last few days, fingers crossed.

A maximum of eight weeks of this to go, but probably less :-)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now