Talk

Advanced search

What to expect at an early scan

(6 Posts)
broodylady80 Wed 24-Aug-16 08:55:15

Hi everyone,

Following a miscarriage roughly 7 weeks ago, I was lucky enough to get a bfp Wednesday of last week, attended the doctor on thurs only for her to struggle to pick up a positive on their tests. I was scheduled to go back Tuesday 30th but on Monday evening I took a very light bleed. This stopped almost as soon as it started but obviously I am extremely anxious. I have also been clear ever since.

I went to my doctors again yesterday and saw a different doctor who took a test and gained what he called a 'very positive line'. I was told to go home and rest but was told that it was a better sign the bleeding had stopped.

He is sending me for an early scan next week but I just wondered if anyone could tell me their experience just so I know what to expect.

Thanks so much x

Jenjen85 Wed 24-Aug-16 09:13:17

It depends on how far along you are. My first early scan due to getting pregnant on the coil and having bleeding was next to nothing but that was very early though maybe 4weeks but 2 weeks later i had another scan and saw a blob with the start of a very faint heartbeat. I think you only start to see a heartbeat around 7/8weeks but i could be wrong. Im now 39weeks. Is your OH going with you?

Tinklypoo Wed 24-Aug-16 09:15:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

broodylady80 Wed 24-Aug-16 09:40:06

Thanks jenjem85... I guess with the miscarriage and not having a period in between I haven't a clue on my dates but that little bit of bleeding has made me very nervous and so I just hope if they scan me and it's early that I will be called back to see if there's progress. Yes my husband will come with me as he is as nervous as I am and this will be good to settle both of us.

Tinklypoo... thanks so much for that! I am glad to hear your experience and know that you are doing well. I guess that gives me hope. I am willing to go through anything to hopefully be told positive news but at this stage I am trying to just hope for the best.

Dollface136 Wed 24-Aug-16 15:09:49

More than likely you will get a transvaginal scan which really isn't as bad as it sounds but gives much clearer imaging for your stage. I know from personal experience that if they can't see what they need to in order to confirm a viable pregnancy they will book you in to come back in a couple of weeks so don't worry about that. Wishing you the best of luck.

broodylady80 Wed 24-Aug-16 15:24:52

Thank you Dollface36. I don't think anyone knows how to predict my dates so I'm not sure what stage I'm at so I guess I should just play things by ear and hope for the best.

I still have all the same symptoms that I did so I just hope that's positive. Avoiding doing any more home tests as well as I just have to be positive now and accept what is going to be. Here's hoping it's all going to be good though x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now