We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Angry!! How are people so stupid?!

(13 Posts)
Pepsioften100 Wed 24-Aug-16 00:03:09

How to not just completely lose my mind with anger and frustration and pain around someone who is pregnant in the most ridiculous situation?!
Family is such a pain in the bum so often!!
Just so so so very angry!!!! Luckily I won't see them for a little while but obviously will eventually and will have to speak on the phone/FaceTime before then!
Just ranting really! Anyone else who just wants to moan is more than welcome!

Eskimo16 Wed 24-Aug-16 00:48:40

I can understand the frustration when someone knowingly or carelessly puts themselves in a situation where they are bringing a child into the world and are in a dangerous or impossible time in their life. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do, either support them through gritted teeth (because ultimately you'd help baby and baby is innocent in all of this) or leave them to survive on their own and save your sanity perhaps...how close are you to the person?
Does the person also feel the same about their situation? Is it dangerous?
I think drugs and abusive relationships are reason to be worried but not so much lack of money/ schooling.
In the end they chose this path and it's their responsibility, totally reasonable for you to vent though, I'd feel the same...

DropYourSword Wed 24-Aug-16 00:50:08

I guess it really depends on their situation.

rollonthesummer Wed 24-Aug-16 01:03:44

Depends entirely in the situation-you could be acting in a completely unreasonable way-you might not!

quitecrunchy Wed 24-Aug-16 13:07:42

Vague much?

Oysterbabe Wed 24-Aug-16 13:43:07

About half of pregnancies are accidental I believe. I wouldn't judge and just offer support.

Caramellattelady Wed 24-Aug-16 19:27:31

Hmm, is it me? I'm pregnant in a "completely ridiculous" situation.

Decided to go ahead with an unplanned and initially unwanted pregnancy firstly because for reasons that are my own I couldn't bear the thought of abortion and secondly because I came round to the idea and decided that I could find a way to make it work and make it wonderful.

Luckily for me I have family and friends who are 100% supportive, excited and caring for me, despite the absolute absurdity of my situation. I dread to think how I'd manage if I had family who were hoiking up their judgey pants and posting on MN about it like it's all about them.

mrschatty Wed 24-Aug-16 19:30:31

Doesn't sound like it's your immediate family eg dd or mother etc. But surely if a family member has become pregnant in "less than ideal situation" it's better to support them I'm this? Other than avoid them apart from phone etc?

PurpleDaisies Wed 24-Aug-16 19:31:08

How to not just completely lose my mind with anger and frustration and pain around someone who is pregnant in the most ridiculous situation?!

What is the "ridiculous situation"?

Northernlurker Wed 24-Aug-16 19:32:16

It's not about you op. Wind your neck in.

PurpleDaisies Wed 24-Aug-16 19:33:43

Why would you choose the pregnancy topic to moan about someone you know who is pregnant? confused

NameChange30 Wed 24-Aug-16 19:35:47

biscuit

AyeAmarok Wed 24-Aug-16 19:36:39

Are they expecting you to pick up the pieces? Why so mad?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now