Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dog jumped on bump - ok??

(8 Posts)
Shadowboy Mon 22-Aug-16 19:06:47

I was out walking my dog in the woods just now and out of nowhere a huge great big black dog came running up to me and then jumped up - both front paws landing fairly heavily on the centre of the bump. I'm 28 weeks- do you think there is enough padding to protect baby so it will be ok? It was bigger than my Doberman so a fairly weighty dog.

Paulat2112 Mon 22-Aug-16 19:10:07

I would phone your midwife or the local unit that is open now. A phone call won't hurt. I done similar once and had to go and get an anti d injection as I have rhesus negative blood. Baby was fine though

Northernlurker Mon 22-Aug-16 19:16:19

Yes there is lots of padding. No need to be concerned unless as another poster mentioned you are rhesus negative.

GashleyCrumbTiny Tue 23-Aug-16 13:38:36

What they said^^. If you're rhesus negative they'll probably want to give you a dose of anti-D to play it safe, and they'll also probably stick you on a monitor for a while for peace of mind. So it's worth phoning, but I wouldn't worry - they're well protected in there!

icklekid Tue 23-Aug-16 13:39:47

I'm sure my toddler did much worse throughout my entire pregnancy so wouldn't be concerned!

Laura05 Tue 23-Aug-16 17:08:19

Baby is very coushty (sp?) in there so I wouldn't worry unless you're having cramps or spotting. During my first pg DD used me as a bouncy castle on a regular basis and this pg I have 2dc constantly jumping around me hmm.

If you have any concerns or just need to put your mind at ease there is absolutely no harm in phoning your midwife for a chat

Paulat2112 Tue 23-Aug-16 21:17:18

Shadowboy how are you?

littlefrenchonion Tue 30-Aug-16 10:46:47

Just to reassure you - I'm a veterinary nurse and this happened several times when pregnant with my DD! She's 15 months old now and perfect smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now