Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Permanent nausea without vomiting

(21 Posts)
Titchypanda Sun 21-Aug-16 18:41:46

Is anyone else suffering from constant nausea?

I feel like I shouldn't moan because I'm not being sick now, but it's so frustrating feeling this way. I've lost weight and have barely an appetite.

Bitofacow Sun 21-Aug-16 18:49:32

Long time ago now but I felt sick till about 16 wks. However, because I wasn't actually sick people told me how lucky I was, and apparently you can't hit people who say this. Who knew????

To this day I remember the misery of constant nausea.

So no help from here but plenty of sympathy.

Maybe I could hit people for you?

sunshine8 Sun 21-Aug-16 18:52:18

How far are you?

I Had it from the beginning of the pregnancy. Then at about 12 weeks it got worse and I was sick all the time. Also lost weight but actual sickness has gone.

Currently 22 weeks and still have nausea. I can't see it going anywhere now and it is miserable at times but as it's the only negative I have, I'm trying to ignore it. Best coping mechanism for me is to stay busy and do things to take my mind off it!

mommabtobe Sun 21-Aug-16 18:56:04

Hi Sunshine, I am 13 weeks and have it first thing on a morning and it's horrendous!! Then it sometimes comes in waves but usually for about 2 hours after I wake up its bad. My sister bought me some MammaBands and they're like those travel sick bands you put around your wrist and they've worked a treat!! Also some crystallised ginger - tastes gross and quite spicy but also works!! She also bought me some Pregnancy Tea which has ginger and peppermint in and this has helped too!! They're all available on Amazon smile
I feel your pain though! I've had this and quite bad headaches which usually come on in the afternoon!! Xx

feellikeanalien Sun 21-Aug-16 18:59:52

When I was pregnant with DD (now 8) I felt nauseous all day and it seemed to peak about 6 pm. I never actually threw up but I did eat lots of digestive biscuits which seemed to help a bithmm!

It did ease off about the fourth month though.

Fizzy500 Sun 21-Aug-16 19:02:02

I had this when I was pregnant with my first child. Sick all the time with dd2 but the constant nausea with my first was so much worse. I couldn't get out of bed for a while with it. It's awful and you have my sympathy. People definitely only think of morning sickness as actually being sick - very frustrating!

If you can't stand a proper meal then try and eat small bits and pieces whenever you can. I used to nibble dry Cheerios and drink watered down full fatcoke with lots of ice to keep me going. You do feel better for eating even if you really don't feel like it. A friend of mine used to call it 'feeding the beast within' which I thought was very apt at the time!

Titchypanda Sun 21-Aug-16 20:04:00

Hi sunshine, I'm 18 weeks. The only thing that helps is Coca Cola but I limit it to one can a day. Mostly I feel like I need a drip of cola!

divadee Sun 21-Aug-16 20:10:21

I'm 16+5 and still getting 24/7 nausea. Eating stops it for about 10 mins. I am going to the GP tomorrow as I am at the end of my tether with it!

Laura05 Sun 21-Aug-16 20:48:21

Hi I had constant nausea without vomiting from 6weeks. I would happily have taken vomiting as at least I would've got some form of relief! Nausea is complete torture!! I ended up going to the gp who prescribed cyclizine as I couldn't function properly and couldn't rest between working and running around after 2dc! I would definitely recommend going to your gp. Cyclizine was a complete life saver for me!!

UnicornPee Sun 21-Aug-16 22:23:05

Kid 1: sickness wk6-13 (even puked down my arm at work as didn't make it to the toilet in time)
Kid 2: no sickness but constant nausea from wk6-13
Current pregnancy: I'm wk10 and the nausea is getting worse each day. Puked once last week but other than that no spew which I agree is worse. At least when you're sick it comes out and it's over for a while. Nausea is horrible.

elQuintoConyo Sun 21-Aug-16 22:33:16

I hear you! I had 'sitting on a boat' syndrome from roughly 8-20wks. I had extra work too: teaching at a university 8 hours a week, ironically covering someone's maternity leave hmm I remember walking to the classes very slowly, 5 minutes took 20, I would look for bins and benches 'just in case' but never actually threw up. It was horrendous.

Then came 35wks and DS decided to bounce around on a nerve on my pelvic floor for fun and stab me with pointy elbows and knees, until he popped out!

I still shudder at the memory of the nausea though. No one gave me anything for it, I just struggled through. Always carry a carrier bag or 5 in your bag for emergencies, and hankies and wipes. flowers

LBOCS2 Sun 21-Aug-16 22:39:00

Yes, I had the nausea in all of my pregnancies and it got worse with each one - in the end I had to spend most of my time horizontal on my bed working from my phone as I couldn't actually sit up. It was bad from 7-19 weeks, and then I just felt 'on the edge of queasy' for the remainder of the pregnancy.

If smells make it worse, I found that carrying around a peppermint teabag to bury my nose in really helped, particularly if I got a whiff of something specifically triggering (for me that was bins, wet dog or cigarette smoke).

wonderwoo Sun 21-Aug-16 23:13:44

Yes, i too had nausea without any relief from actually being sick. Horrible. Only thing that helped me was to constantly eat. I didn't want anything but I definitely felt loads worse if I wasn't grazing all the time. I had insomnia too and so was even eating all night long!

EreniTheFrog Mon 22-Aug-16 11:41:46

Am getting this. Fizzy water helps me.

BeBopTalulah Mon 22-Aug-16 14:39:06

I'm 8 weeks with first baby, and I'm basically nauseous any time my stomach is empty. I'm loving plain cereals (corn flakes, rice krispies etc.) with ice-cold milk. In small portions those are really helping and not the worst thing I could be eating. To be honest, I could deal with the nausea if I didn't feel like a big slug. The exhaustion and constant 'I need to sit down' is dreadful. I used to be a pretty active person and now I cannot face doing anything sad

divadee Mon 22-Aug-16 14:45:44

Well the GP has given me some medication today. She said I have done well to get to 16+6 and that anyone would be at the the end of there tether by the. I start taking them tonight as its one a day at night apparently. Hoping they work!!

freetrampolineforall Mon 22-Aug-16 14:59:20

Moan away- vomitting stopped for me at about 21 weeks (sorry ) but nausea lasted all the way through. It stopped almost immediate after she was born and the dairy I couldn't stomach (a major part of my non-pregnant diet) called to me in the form of milky hospital porridge.

Featherybum Mon 22-Aug-16 18:11:21

Yes. 10 weeks here and it started about 5 weeks. Bleurgh. digestive system is screwed generally as well (both extremes) not sure if it's a cause or the effect though. Bleurgh.

Hope it passes soon everyone!

GinIsIn Mon 22-Aug-16 18:20:08

Oh god yes - I had it here too. Constant nausea from 5 weeks to 11 weeks, so badly that it would wake me up at night because I felt too sick to sleep. It literally went away like someone flicking a switch though so there is light at the end of the tunnel! I now feel a tiny bit nauseous in the first hour after waking up but then it goes away. I second sparkling water really helping.

Danglyweed Mon 22-Aug-16 18:30:18

I was constantly sick with the dd's all the way through. With the dt's i just felt nauseas up til about 20 weeks, no vomiting at all. Nothing helps does it?

jellycat1 Mon 22-Aug-16 18:34:01

So horrendous. There's no feeling quite like it is there. Had it twice just as you describe. Plus random gagging and retching. With Ds1 I stopped about 16 weeks. DS 2 slightly earlier - maybe 15 - but with him it started about a week after conception! I'll never forget how horrible it was. Highly likely it will go though so just a question of getting through it. Try Polos.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now