Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due date! Anyone else here?

(12 Posts)
fruityb Sun 21-Aug-16 14:45:22

I'm practically screaming "get this thing out of me!" And there's nothing happening - no signs, nowt.

I'm fed up of the texts which I am obviously being unreasonable about as people only ask because they care, but I would have told them if there was any news. I'm fed up of people telling me you're always late with your first. I'm fed up of people telling me it'll come on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday etc.

I have massive swollen feet, I'm tired, it's heavy, and I'm hungry but can barely eat without feeling like I'm being squashed.

I want the end now. I have loved being pregnant don't get me wrong but this last six weeks has been so difficult to enjoy with the pain and the heaviness and the heat. I'm ready for baby to arrive and that's all I want.

Anyone else due soon??

Kmoggy Sun 21-Aug-16 18:16:12

I was due Friday there. I'm over it today! Feeling exhausted like no energy at all.. My one yr old twins are really annoying me as is my partner. Constant crying, feeling sick, sweating, and I have a terrible cough so pee my bloody self every time I cough! Feeling very sorry for myself today! I'm having a vbac so paranoid they will section me again as they wont induce me due to risks!

fruityb Sun 21-Aug-16 18:27:05

I'm fed up of people saying they've picked the day it'll arrive, as if there's some scientific method other than you picked that day. Or "first babies are always late". They name one day - so say it'll be late or early and you're fifty fifty to get it right aren't you!! This after I got fed up of hearing "oh you won't make due date"; how I would love to punch those people now.

And if someone else recommends sex I will also slap them silly. Im so tired and uncomfortable that sex is really the last thing on my mind!

fruityb Tue 23-Aug-16 11:45:05

Still nothing.... The next text I receive may not get a polite response lol.

Have a sweep booked in morning, though had helpful "ooh that didn't work for me" messages. Cheers for that!

PrancingMoose Tue 23-Aug-16 16:50:23

I feel your pain OP. I'm not due until the 5th but currently sitting watching Cold Feet re-runs with my balloon feet in a bucket of cold water. I'm not quite ready for baby to come yet, need a bit more time to get my head straight, as only on day 2 of mat leave. Hope all kicks of naturally soon for you flowers

fruityb Tue 23-Aug-16 16:56:57

I've been off for four weeks as I'm a teacher so mat leave only official the other day. I had a teary breakdown earlier when I just got so hot and fed up and bored that it all fell out of me!

I've spent pretty much every day for the last fortnight at home - save for going out for lunch a time or two with the OH and visits from family which have been nice. It just gets so boring sitting here waiting for him to come home so I can rabbit on and talk to someone! Being a teacher is great for holidays but no one else is off when you are lol.

Pulled myself together and am reading a book now. I'm pinning everything on this sweep in the morning. Helpfully my sister told me she had two and neither worked and she was 12 days late.... Cheers!

I am making a promise to myself that I will never ever share words of wisdom, only stories that I know don't apply to everyone. I know people mean well but it's just so frustrating when you're waiting and hearing conflicting advice from everyone!

Jenjen85 Tue 23-Aug-16 17:02:24

Im due 31st but im praying hoping i go at least a couple of days early as im in the fed up camp too. Its been so warm today and im really tired i had a sleep while my DD 3yr old sat on the bed next to me watching the tablet. Had a few any signs texts yet but only off my best friend which i dont mind. Had a few strong braxton hicks last night and thought woop this is it but they soon disappeared angry DD was born on her due date but this time im having a boy so i reckon he will be late although keeping my fingers tightly crossed hes early

Whatsername17 Tue 23-Aug-16 17:05:38

Sweep worked for me. Absolutely worth it!

fruityb Tue 23-Aug-16 17:20:53

Weirdly I feel better for turning the tv off and just sitting with my book and faffing online. I really didn't want to have a sweep but I'm weirdly excited about it as I am just hoping it works. I know I haven't had baby yet but once things start I know I will and that all this will be over and finished. The end is nearly in sight but only once things get started. Which at the moment I have no sign of lol.

Ive not been put off doing it again but if we could miss August as the 9th month I would be very happy!!

quitecrunchy Tue 23-Aug-16 19:51:07

Good luck with the sweep fruity! I'm 40+2 and getting pretty bored and impatient too. I've to wait another week til they give me a sweep, argh!

fruityb Tue 23-Aug-16 21:12:58

I'm 40 + 2 today as well. The midwife booked me in for the sweep three weeks ago - maybe it was the growth spurt baby had that made her think about me going over. I'm just hoping I don't get there and they tell me they can't do it for whatever reason. I think I may have to cry on someone if that happens!

Bump has definitely dropped but baby still hanging in there!

Jenjen85 Wed 24-Aug-16 08:16:56

I think iv just had my show but then again that might not mean much. With DD though i had this the day before i had her so im praying its a sign

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now