Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

De Fuzzing

(23 Posts)
Dueindecember2016 Sat 20-Aug-16 17:11:48

I've read that using hair removal creams aren't a good idea. Are there any suitable ones for us pregnant ladies to use?

I can't get a good view to use a razor and don't fancy a trip to a&we.

Any ideas??

skatesection Sat 20-Aug-16 17:21:52

For your legs? Maybe waxing at a salon?

Dueindecember2016 Sat 20-Aug-16 18:22:21

For the lady garden. I'm not waxing it! Pregnant and intimate waxing do not mix

UnicornPee Sat 20-Aug-16 18:28:20

I use veet, is it not to be used when pregnant? If so oops

Womenareliketeabags Sat 20-Aug-16 18:28:45

I got my DH to shave mine for me! Rather hilarious and no idea what it actually looks like! But there was no blood or bits chopped off so I'm pleased.

AudreyBradshaw Sat 20-Aug-16 19:05:29

I had a go at mine with a mirror and an electric shaver. I'm 26+3 so it was like going in blind. Surprised I still have an external labia to be honest but no actual blood loss.

Dh said "babe, it looks like a map of the world before they cut the trees down". I took this to mean I am not destined to be a minge barber. Amd that its patchy as balls. Dh shall be doing it for me from now on. We've decided to combine my lady care with vaginal fisting perineal massage. He's a gudden.

chiggins Sat 20-Aug-16 19:35:20

Hahaha! Dh and I have been discussing 'maintenance' I'm not sure he realises how impossible it's going to be to keep in trim shortly!! 21wks and expanding.. I usually use an elec trimmer so hopefully if he has to take over it'll be just like him doing his head with the clippers.... hmm

greenlizard Sat 20-Aug-16 20:03:26

There is no way I would be letting DH undertake any topiary on my nether regions shock I have been continuing with waxing through pregnancy and don't find it any more painful than when not pregnant the.

AudreyBradshaw Sat 20-Aug-16 20:10:29

See, I felt quite fortunate because Dh is an actual barber. So can do layers and contouring (haha cuntouring, oh Lord, just stop Audrey, sorry!) So I get told off if I trim my own fringe, this time I got a "don't trim your own minge" lecture grin

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 20-Aug-16 20:51:55

I did wonder if safe to wax

Didn't want to hot wax to hurt bump or the quick Rip of it being removed to shock them

Or am I being stupid

Heirhelp Sat 20-Aug-16 20:57:29

Durring pregnancy you have more blood supply towards your pubic region so waxing will hurt more. I know many salons refuse to do it for this reason.

Seriously don't bother.

ItchyFoot Sat 20-Aug-16 21:01:48

Dp did mine last time and has been doing it again this time

flumpybear Sat 20-Aug-16 21:04:01

Lol when I was showering after my waters broke st hospital I took a razor .... And handed it to my husband lol ..... He had the pleasure - but tbh he didn't mind he was just happy he wasn't humongous and about to face 2 days of pain and no sleep - small price to pay!!!!!

villainousbroodmare Sat 20-Aug-16 21:08:06

grin Audrey

chiggins Sat 20-Aug-16 21:51:06

gringringrin Audrey, dh had a proper chuckle at 'cuntouring'!!!!! My 20yr old stepson is a barber too, dh has suggested he does mine, I think not!!!!!!

livinginabox Sat 20-Aug-16 22:51:48

I've been waxing and it's fine. No different from usual. Trimming however is a different story altogether!

LynseyH Sun 21-Aug-16 23:37:40

I have nothing of use to add, I just wanted to say this is the best thread I've seen grin really made me smile before bed!!

FastWindow Sun 21-Aug-16 23:40:01

Couldnt find it after 30 weeks. Didnt care grin

Jayne266 Sun 21-Aug-16 23:46:22

I got told not to wax or shave to reduce the risk of infection (am suspecting if a c-section is needed?) so I have been trimming down also. Would love to use some cream but I suspected I shouldn't but wasn't sure.

iwillbemrsminty Mon 22-Aug-16 10:12:42

I'm 16 weeks with twins and already had to enlist the help of DP as I just cant see to do it! It's a hilarious spectacle!! I tried with a mirror but its like doing it backwards and what a faff, naaaaah it's much easier with DP!

girlingloucs Mon 22-Aug-16 11:52:07

I'm still getting mine waxed, don't find it any more painful than normal tbh. General trimmage is being done by DH, who just shot me a look when I asked him to be careful with the scissors. He's a surgeon.

Womenareliketeabags Mon 22-Aug-16 12:00:49

My DH is a landscaper he did suggest using the hedge strimmers to tame my bush. grin

Nottalotta Mon 22-Aug-16 18:59:56

I have a battery trimmer, which has those 'grading' combs so you can choose your length and not cut yourself.

Last time I just trimmed all over to the shortest length. No mirror or even vision needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now