Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Lower back pain

(16 Posts)
Leftoversagain2 Fri 19-Aug-16 20:57:16

I'm 38 weeks and all of a sudden suffering from lower back pain and feeling sorry for myself. Any tips or advice please, I've asked my dp to rub my back, that helped a little bit he's a bit fed up and tired now.

quitecrunchy Fri 19-Aug-16 21:22:52

Could be labour starting maybe?

Bath or hot water bottle might help.

Leftoversagain2 Fri 19-Aug-16 21:48:59

If it is the beginning of labour I think I might do a happy dance, hmm I will now search for my hot water bottle I know I've got one here somewhere

quitecrunchy Fri 19-Aug-16 21:51:38

Fingers crossed for you! And not at all jealous if it is grin

Afreshstartplease Sat 20-Aug-16 08:23:12

Any luck op?

Leftoversagain2 Sat 20-Aug-16 10:10:17

Back pain eased off at about 3 in the morning after a bath, so at least I managed to get some sleep

TheMasterMurderedMargarita Sat 20-Aug-16 10:17:41

Me too. 39 weeks today.
Been awake since 3am with a hot water bottle.
It's gotten worse over the last week so hoping things start soon.
Lots of baths have helped. Fingers crossed for you.

Leftoversagain2 Sat 20-Aug-16 10:44:11

Fingers crossed for you aswell!

Leftoversagain2 Sat 20-Aug-16 14:27:08

Back ache is back again, this time with fanny daggers oh the joy. Walking or should I say waddling helps slightly

AddictedtoGreys Sat 20-Aug-16 15:10:14

I'm in the same position, 39 weeks today also and lots of back pain the last couple of weeks. And fanny daggers grin been hoping for the start of labour but as yet - nothing!!

shelbTa Sat 20-Aug-16 15:31:43

I could have written this post!!! 38+5, lower centre back pain, braxton hicks, fanny daggers, insomnia, nausea. Right laugh. Agree walking definitely doesn't help.

X

shelbTa Sat 20-Aug-16 15:31:57

*walking does help

ButtMuncher Sat 20-Aug-16 15:42:14

Quickie, we're good to use hot water bottles providing they are on our backs and not at the front (i.e; near bump), yup? I'm barely awake after 3 nights of insomnia so apologies, just didn't know if there was a rule for hot water bottles in pregnancy that I didn't know about.

34+3 or 4 or something I've lost track grin

TheMasterMurderedMargarita Sat 20-Aug-16 16:37:54

Gosh fingers crossed for us all!
Just been and done a massive shop so we have lots of supplies and now back in the bath 😀
Walking doesn't help me it makes my bump really tight and uncomfortable very quickly.
Hot water bottles are ok as long as they aren't too hot, same as for baths i guess.

shelbTa Sat 20-Aug-16 17:50:39

Does your back pain get worse lying down? Currently lying down and it's really painful, debating on a paracetamol tonight to sleep.

X

Leftoversagain2 Sat 20-Aug-16 17:52:25

Ye back pain gets far worse lying down, plus having to constantly swap sides because my hips hurt, makes sleeping very difficult

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now