Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

femibion?

(3 Posts)
louisemybranth Wed 17-Aug-16 09:38:58

What does anyone know about follic acid? Are there any brands you would recommend? I'm so confused.. Has anyone heard about femibion?

KateTheShrew Wed 17-Aug-16 12:03:20

Never heard of femibion, sorry (I opened the thread because I was curious about what it was smile). It really doesn't matter what brand of folic acid you take, it just matters that you take some -- I take the Boots combined folic acid and vitamin D tablets, but you can get folic acid on its own at boots, superdrug, all supermarkets etc. You can also fork out for a pregnancy multivitamin if you want (e.g. pregnacare), which will contain folic acid, but it's not necessary, and it's more exoensive. It's folic acid and vitamin D that are the really necessary supplements to take, and you can get them pretty much anywhere.

raviolidreaming Thu 18-Aug-16 19:23:59

Yep, what Kate said. Folic acid is folic acid, providing the dose is sufficient.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now