Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mega sugar cravings!!

(6 Posts)
Gardencentregroupie Tue 16-Aug-16 14:46:15

I gave up refined sugar and artificial sweeteners in February, and really wasn't missing it at all. Now I'm 10 weeks pregnant I would bite your arm off for a Fanta orange and a chocolate flapjack - or an ice cream with a flake in it - or a kitkat... I think I might have actually groaned out loud going past the soft drinks aisle in tesco!

Please tell me this will pass! Did anyone else have mega cravings they managed to resist? I can't give in, I'm way less moody now I'm off sugar, plus if I give in I'll put on about 6 stone in my pregnancy - all my weight with DD was strawberry milkshakes I'm sure.

Whatsername17 Tue 16-Aug-16 14:55:10

Can you eat some natural sugars? I don't believe in ignoring cravings - you must have them for a reason. That is what I tell myself every time I'm reminded of the peanut butter and salt and vinegar crisp sandwiches that I ate with dd!

Gardencentregroupie Tue 16-Aug-16 15:18:38

Oranges and strawberries take the edge off temporarily but aren't really cutting it. A peanut butter and salt and vinegar crisp sandwich sounds pretty good!

Pops1985 Tue 16-Aug-16 18:19:06

I was craving sugar (and still am!) I read somewhere that it's an old wives tale you are having a girl, and with me they were right! I have had to curb the sugar intake but I am scared I'll get GD

Gardencentregroupie Tue 16-Aug-16 19:19:54

With DD I craved chicken, oranges, and cheese and onion crisps grin

Whatsername17 Tue 16-Aug-16 19:22:58

I've craved savoury foods with dd and my current pregnancy (also a girl!). Chocolate suddenly becomes the food of the devil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now