We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Co-sleeping - how!

(7 Posts)
almmummy Tue 16-Aug-16 12:54:58

Sorry if this is the wrong place. A genuine question about co-sleeping - how do you get baby down if you aren't going to bed at the same time? We want to try it on holiday but don't want to end up in bed at 1930!

KP86 Tue 16-Aug-16 13:04:49

On holidays at the moment.

DS(2.4) normal bedtime is 6:30 - 7:30, depending on his day. This trip we are all sharing a room (although he does have his own bed) and we've been keeping him up later, until we are ready to settle for the night.

Some nights he comes out in the pram and rests while we have dinner/walk around (not a big eater himself - will have had something different), and other nights we've had take away or supermarket picnics in our room while he joins us or plays quietly.

Then around 9pm we put him into sleeping bag and bed and I will lie next to him until he goes to sleep and then we relax watching tv or use phones until ready for sleep ourselves.

Fortunately he is sleeping in the next day so later bed time is not equaling cranky tired boy.

almmummy Tue 16-Aug-16 19:51:01

Thanks, that is a good point - did not think about just keeping him up anyhow. We have a wedding and a big meal out another night so he'll hopefully nap in his pram and just go down when we do. The other night I'll probably want an early night with him after all of that!

BertieBotts Thu 18-Aug-16 09:22:34

With DS I always kept him up with us until we went to bed but also once he was about 6 months old if he seemed sleepy earlier, I'd put him down and then leave him once he was deeply asleep. I had a monitor and would run in if I heard a slight movement so he didn't fall out of bed.

EreniTheFrog Thu 18-Aug-16 09:59:41

I always put mine down right in the centre of a double bed DD only fell off once

almmummy Thu 18-Aug-16 12:14:51

Thanks for the tips everyone! I've just remembered putting pillows on the floor on the rare times my daughter fell asleep in our bed if we bought her in when she was poorly. Amazing what you forget!

almmummy Thu 18-Aug-16 12:15:17

As crash mats that is, not to sleep on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now