Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning after pill help!!

(23 Posts)
Allyx123 Tue 16-Aug-16 11:36:39

Hello,

(Sorry if I'm not posting in the right place, new to all this!!)

On the 1st of August me and my partner had unprotected sex and I got the morning after pill the next morning. We are in a position where if it happens then it's okay but we would rather wait a little bit longer. I was due on yesterday and I've had back ache but only very mild and apart from that no other signs to show that my period is coming. Ive had a pad in as it feels like I've started but every time I check there's nothing there. I have an extremely regular cycle of 20 days and I am never late, my period comes every 20th day of my cycle. My question is has anyone else experienced this after map, did it just mess up your cycle and how long should I leave before testing? Thank you ladies!! Xxxxx

side note we used a condom but it split and I cannot be on any contraception at the moment as I am under the hospital for my periods :-(

Dementedswan Tue 16-Aug-16 12:20:17

The only way you will know is to test.

The morning after pill can mess with your cycle or it could have failed. I've been in your shoes, same symptoms etc and in my case it failed and I was pregnant.

Allyx123 Tue 16-Aug-16 12:28:00

Thank you, do you think it would be okay to test today as its only my second day late? Xx

Dementedswan Tue 16-Aug-16 12:35:36

Yes esp if you are late.

courtneymorgs Tue 16-Aug-16 13:48:25

If you're late I'd be doing a test, although you should be fine if you took the morning after pill within the allotted time.

LondonStill83 Tue 16-Aug-16 13:52:12

Which pill did you take and how long after UPS did you take it?

Allyx123 Tue 16-Aug-16 14:15:35

Hello, it was levonorgestrel it was about 16 hours after. I've got little cramps and pain in my lower back but I've had these for 3 days and still no sign of period xx

CarrotVan Tue 16-Aug-16 15:13:02

People who are actively trying to conceive often test from 3 or 4 days before their period is due! Once you're late it's very accurate - even with a Poundland test

Allyx123 Tue 16-Aug-16 15:19:24

Thank you!

Becciilouisex3 Tue 16-Aug-16 17:08:07

Do a test tomorrow morning ethylene our first pee as its most concentrated and use a First Response or Superdrug own brand test as they're known to be more sensitive in general smile a lot of people go straight for clearblue but they're actually not as sensitive so may not pick it up for a couple weeks.

Good luck whatever you're hoping flowers

Becciilouisex3 Tue 16-Aug-16 18:02:13

Do a test tomorrow morning ethylene our first pee as its most concentrated and use a First Response or Superdrug own brand test as they're known to be more sensitive in general smile a lot of people go straight for clearblue but they're actually not as sensitive so may not pick it up for a couple weeks.

Good luck whatever you're hoping flowers

thecatsarecrazy Tue 16-Aug-16 18:34:32

Yes poundland ones are actually quite sensitive I tested a day b4 I was due

Allyx123 Wed 17-Aug-16 10:08:19

Okay ladies so I went to buy a test last night and thought I'd go to the loo to check just incase. When I wiped there was brown blood (sorry it's a bit gross) so I put a pad in and thought my period had started. But absolutely nothing has come out since and ive just been to the toilet and it's all stopped completely. Surely it's too late for implantation bleeding? Xxxxx

Dementedswan Wed 17-Aug-16 11:21:07

Have you done the test?

CarrotVan Wed 17-Aug-16 11:25:14

Nope. I had brown spotting from a couple of days after my period was due for about a week - now 17 weeks pregnant.

Just do a test - it's the only way to know

Allyx123 Wed 17-Aug-16 11:54:14

Okay I'm just buying a test now I'll let you know how it goes xx

Dementedswan Wed 17-Aug-16 12:14:49

Good luck, hope it's the result you want x

Allyx123 Wed 17-Aug-16 19:13:30

Big strong positive, not really sure how to feel 😩 Xx

Becciilouisex3 Wed 17-Aug-16 21:00:26

Oh wow that must have been a shock! Take some time to absorb the news chick it's a huge thing and we're all here if you need to talk smileflowers

Allyx123 Wed 17-Aug-16 22:00:13

Thank you so much everyone. I'm going to take this post down now but I would like to thank you all so much for your support it means so much xxxxx

cantmakeme Thu 18-Aug-16 07:21:53

Congrats!
If the brown spotting / bleeding continues and you have cramps, get it checked out - I had an ectopic after the morning after pill, and had those symptoms.

Dementedswan Thu 18-Aug-16 07:26:27

Eek! Take some time to let it sink in. You do have options. I know it wasn't planned but congratulations x

BabooshkaKate Thu 18-Aug-16 10:24:53

Err, congratulations!!

Unhelpful, I know, but when I have taken the MAP it has messed up my periods - once it arrived 2 days later (and 2 weeks early!), another time I had a really long cycle, annd another I was a few days late.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now