Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Brown discharge??

(8 Posts)
061678719x Mon 15-Aug-16 15:04:12

is it ok to have a browny discharge while 9 weeks pregnant??? I had a scan only yesterday and the baby was fine so I'm sure it is nothing but what do you think?

NovemberInDailyFailLand Tue 16-Aug-16 11:09:50

I had this for about three weeks around then. There wasn't anything wrong.

Funnyface1 Tue 16-Aug-16 12:45:17

Nothing in this pregnancy but I had this with my first for a few days at around 6 weeks and there was no problem. Bright red new blood obviously would be different.

MrsNuckyThompson Tue 16-Aug-16 13:12:54

I also had a bit of spotting of a watery brown discharge. If it was an internal scan, perhaps something was dislodged. They usually say it's fine provided discharge isn't 'fresh blood'. Keep an eye on it and speak to MW if it continues is what I'd say!

rollonthesummer Tue 16-Aug-16 13:18:54

I have had brown bleeding which was the start of a miscarriage, bright red bleeding which turned out to be fine (5 pregnancies- 2 m/c and 3 babies) so don't think there are clear guidelines. I'd ring the epau to be on the safe side.

babynelly2010 Tue 16-Aug-16 17:18:47

in your scan did they tell you where the placenta is? if it is anterior it is common to have a spotting with that especially after someone pocked around a belly a bit with the ultrasound machine. I had that with my last pregnancy at around 8 weeks. Scan showed a life normal baby, I went to the loo at babybond right after and there was the spotting. It went a way a week later but NHS did give me additional scan at EPU to reassure me.

eastcoastmum2014 Tue 16-Aug-16 21:26:38

I had brown spotting at 8 and 10 weeks in my previous pregnancy, they never found out why but dd is now a very happy and healthy 18 month old! I would contact the epu for your own piece of mind xx

LondonGirl83 Wed 17-Aug-16 08:20:14

I had this at 7 weeks- just slightly tinged discharge ( no bleeding or cramping) and it was fine. I went to the ePub for reassurance but it's fairly common and normally harmless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now