Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

My bits 'dome' after using the loo- 35 weeks

(8 Posts)
ginplease83 Sun 14-Aug-16 22:56:47

Disgusting as it sounds, I have to 'put myself back together' after going to the loo. My nether regions go convex and I have to push it back. It doesn't pop out but goes a dome shape.

It's my 2nd pregnancy and I'm 35 weeks.

This cannot be normal?

Littlefish Sun 14-Aug-16 22:59:59

Sounds like you may have a prolapse. Talk to your midwife and start doing some serious pelvic floor exercises!

Imnotaslimjim Sun 14-Aug-16 23:00:08

No, that's not normal. I'd be popping to the GP, it sounds like either a small prolapse or an internal haemorrhoid coming out.

ginplease83 Sun 14-Aug-16 23:01:59

Ok GP tomorrow it is!! Thank you.

I'm going to see a obstetrician on Friday anyway.

hopeful31yrs Mon 15-Aug-16 14:32:45

It's caused by pelvic floor weakness and I suffer with the same. Please address it now with your care provider (GP or midwife) as you need physio and a serious discussion regarding giving birth. Ultimately a natural birth is better for baby but you need to know that this may make the pelvic floor problems worse and this is the reason women should have a discussion about side effects of natural birth!

I myself have a rectocoele and so I'm making sure I see an obs - booked for 28 weeks

ginplease83 Mon 15-Aug-16 16:35:27

Thank you. I rang the triage at my local hospital and they said to speak to my community midwife. I've got an appointment with her tomorrow and an obs appointment on Friday.
Do they suggest a c section? I had a very quick labour last time so I'll be gutted if I have to c section.

ginplease83 Mon 15-Aug-16 16:37:43

Only gutted from the perspective that it takes longer to recover. I really don't care how she comes out provided we are both ok!

hopeful31yrs Mon 15-Aug-16 19:47:48

At least know your options. I'm pushing for a c section because my daughter got stuck (an issue that was known prior in my family - small pelvis') but it was because she got stuck I was pushing for so long that I sustained the damage. Now I have the weakness I don't want to risk it getting worse and the alternative is potentially an operation to fix the damage later down the line without the guarantee of it being any better afterwards. I don't want to scaremonger - NOT my objective but it's a two way street and you should talk through the options to make the right choice for yourself. With me, my primary concern is with my unborn son and then my pelvic floor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now