Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

28 weeks struggling for ENERGY

(5 Posts)
Abella Sun 14-Aug-16 19:13:29

Help.
Has anyone any tips on energy boosters, preservers or stimualtors?
I'm 28 weeks with a toddler and struggling! I have hypermisis which is under control with drugs but have very very low levels of energy (although not anaemic) Im taking pregnacare plus and also an iron tablet. - Tempted to take two although unsure.

Any suggestions of any help will massively be appreciated.

Thanks

EreniTheFrog Sun 14-Aug-16 20:52:40

I really struggle with energy levels due to ongoing health issues, and pregnancy always makes it harder. Things I have found that help are:

Eating healthy and unprocessed food, and staying hydrated.
Doing as much outdoor exercise as I can manage, even if that's only a quick walk to the local playground with the kids.
Prioritising my energy so that I don't waste it on chores that could otherwise be delegated - I love my cleaner!!

Abella Sun 14-Aug-16 21:27:01

Thankyou for replying really helpfull. I'm going to try and fill my days so I'm not sitting about thinking about how awful I feel! X

livinginabox Sun 14-Aug-16 22:00:36

I'm 36 weeks into my HG pregnancy and think exhaustion has just part of the illness. The medication I've been taking also adds to it and wipes me out. Agree with staying hydrated and I just sleep whenever can.

I have a physical job so I'm bloody knackered after work and sleep as soon as I get home. I nap on the days I have DS too even if it's just got 15 mins just to help get me through.

Abella Sun 14-Aug-16 22:20:39

You poor thing, wishing you on a quick four weeks for your beautiful new born baby. Soon after you will get your energy back X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now