Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How soon did you show in your second pregnancy?

(12 Posts)
Nottalotta Sun 14-Aug-16 15:38:00

Not sure how far along I am, it's a bit of an unexpected pregnancy. Scan in a couple if weeks. Minimun10 weeks though. Feel I have a baby bump already. Off work for a couple of weeks and feel sure they will notice when I go back. Surely it's too early to show?!

Whatsername17 Sun 14-Aug-16 15:39:27

I bloated a lot in the first trimester but getting a proper bump now at 17 weeks.

Autumnsunshinebaby Sun 14-Aug-16 15:40:13

Nearly 5 weeks here and DH was horrified when I put on one of my normal tops the other day .... Bloating post conception is making me look definitely and undeniably pregnant!

Nottalotta Sun 14-Aug-16 15:41:25

Ah yes I guess it could just be bloating. Even so, it looks a proper bump! Can't wait for the scan to find out dates.

BossyOfficerFlossie Sun 14-Aug-16 15:41:26

I got very bloated early on, everything slows down with the hormones (joy)... then it all went and I had a bump I could see from about 22 weeks, noticeable to others from about 26/7.

frenchknitting Sun 14-Aug-16 19:13:13

Can I ask when the bloating goes away? I feel so noticeably pregnant at 7 and a half weeks. Didn't notice this last time.

Need to decide whether I need a new work wardrobe to see me through to maternity wear, or whether I'll be able to scrape through.

PotteringAlong Sun 14-Aug-16 19:14:42

I'm pregnant with number 3 and just starting to look pregnant now at 16 weeks.

Happilymarried155 Sun 14-Aug-16 19:37:34

I couldn't do my jeans up at 8 weeks and am now 14 weeks and am obviously pregnant. I thought it was bloat and would go away but it never did so in my experience you can show quite early! X

Nottalotta Sun 14-Aug-16 20:36:58

My new fat leggings are too tight. The waistband is digging into the 'bloat'

suspiciousofgoldfish Sun 14-Aug-16 21:09:40

Sooner than the first time!

I made it to 5 months with DC1 before people started saying "come on now, you must be up the duff".

With DC2, I'm convinced I swelled the day I found out (about 1 week later!)

I think once you've been preggers once, your body goes "way-hey! I know what to do!" And gets enormous.

At least that's what I believe. Nothing to do with the amount of white chocolate magnums I ate.

lousylear Mon 15-Aug-16 07:57:25

I was obviously pg to everybody from 10 weeks with #2 and 6 weeks with #3.
Now trying for #4 I dread to think how quickly I'll show!
I think it's a bit like a balloon that's been blown up before; it blows up quicker the 2nd time around.

CwtchyQ Mon 15-Aug-16 08:01:29

I'm 11 weeks now and while I still fit in everything, it is obvious that I have a little bump. With DD I was having a little meltdown at 16 weeks because someone I knew who was 15 weeks with her 3rd was showing and I wasn't and I thought that was bad yada yada. Ahhh, bless me, so young and naive grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now