Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Do you think this points to pregnancy?!

(8 Posts)
slightlypreoccupied Sun 14-Aug-16 14:51:06

Have NC for this, I am a regular member and have been for about 6 years.

I'm in a new relationship. I have known my BF well for about 3 years and recently it has moved from friendship to a very close developing relationship.

Last Friday we had sex a few times. Twice was unprotected (Yes I know!!!). I have a DD from a previous relationship but found it very hard to conceive in the past so wasn't actually unduly concerned. Wednesday I appeared to come on my period, I had a very small amount of blood and thats what I thought it was. I am not due on until next week so was a bit miffed though. This period has never really materialised, I've just had very small amounts of bleeding every 12 hours or so. Normally I have alot of pain on the first 24 hours, crippling pain. Plus lots of blood. None of this has happened, no pain, no real bleeding or anything.

I did do a pregnancy test on sat. It was negative but think it is far too early anyway to show anything as I'm not due on until next week.

Today I feel nauseous. I have a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and feel generally a bit vile. Plus I have this huge amount of tiredness.

What do you all think!?! What is the bleeding all about?

FellOutOfBed2wice Sun 14-Aug-16 14:55:58

With my DD I didn't have a single spot of blood between the period the previous month and the birth, but with my current pregnancy I bled the week before I was due on, when I was due on and for the next 12 weeks on and off. I would previously have never thought that a pregnancy could be sustained with so much bleeding but (touch wood) it has. So I wouldn't say having had some bleeding means you aren't pregnant. I also took longer with this pregnancy to get a positive test- 8 or 9dpo with DD, more like 14 or 15 dpo with this one.

slightlypreoccupied Sun 14-Aug-16 15:01:23

Thanks Fell, Its interesting hearing other peoples experiences. I've no idea where in my cycle I am, I don't track it and barely keep track of periods!

Whatsername17 Sun 14-Aug-16 15:12:09

Take a test this Friday. Two weeks after possible conception. It's the only way you will know for sure.

slightlypreoccupied Sun 14-Aug-16 15:16:10

Thanks Whatser. I will do. I'll post the results. Its the nausea and funny taste that is especially concerning as I had it with DD.

NameChange30 Sun 14-Aug-16 15:17:42

Get an early response pregnancy test. They're very sensitive and accurate up to 5 days before your period is due. I suggest you take one in a few days' time.

Do you and your new boyfriend want a child?

Nottalotta Sun 14-Aug-16 15:40:15

I felt absolutely shocking a week after dtd. Sick and exhausted. No idea when ovulation was, and felt awful for 10 days before going to Dr who suggested pregnancy. Lo and behold, bfp.

slightlypreoccupied Sun 14-Aug-16 15:45:11

It isn't planned for the immediate few months namechange but we have discussed the future in detail and having a family and getting married is very much a big part of it. We are both in work and have a reasonable income. I don't think it would be horrific if it happened, not ideal but perhaps not a terrible thing. It may be very new relationship wise but we have been very close for 3 years so it doesn't feel particularly new.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now