Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling anxious and low

(2 Posts)
ThePartyArtist Sun 14-Aug-16 12:19:43

Feeling so overwhelmed and anxious at the moment.

I'm 10 weeks pregnant and finding the exhaustion really difficult. On top of that we are in the final stages of buying a house which is stressing me out - I think we are nearly there but it's trying to work out about building work it needs that is really stressing me out. We are first timers with both the house buying and the pregnancy and it is just getting a bit on top of me.

Last night i had a panic attack and today I just feel really lacking in energy and tearful. Slept for about 13 hours and just feel lifeless. Worried i am getting depressed. DH is really supportive but nothing can seem to shake my anxiousness about it all. I just feel there are so many huge decisions to make about both the house and the baby - like coordinating builders and sorting stuff out with the move; and deciding whether to have the antenatal tests, and buying the right stuff for the baby, and choosing which classes to do, and preparing for the birth which scares me. I feel like the joy I felt when I first discovered I was pregnant is fading away as I become more overwhelmed and exhausted.

Whatsername17 Sun 14-Aug-16 13:26:33

You need to rest. Hormones are normal but you must contact your midwife or gp if you are struggling. Low mood and anxiety can often be related to low iron. An iron tablet will make a huge difference. Id get your levels checked especially as you are exhausted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now