Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Young mum having doubts and worries

(15 Posts)
louiseanna19 Sat 13-Aug-16 09:54:21

Anyone else become extremely down after finding out. Just scared of everything that's going to change.

wonderwoo Sat 13-Aug-16 09:56:52

I think it's normal to have some fears and worries and a mix of emotions, and depending on circumstances, some people have even more. It's a massive life change and hormones affect how you feel too. Do you have anybody to talk to in rl?

louiseanna19 Sat 13-Aug-16 10:02:14

I do have people to talk to but they're all really excited and I don't think I can talk to them about it, it might upset them.

Laura05 Sat 13-Aug-16 10:07:08

Sorry you're feeling down op flowers

If it makes you feel better I don't think it matters what age you are when pg with #1. Most people have that panic, doubt and what have I done moments. It's a really big step and I'd be more concerned if you didn't have concerns.

As poster above said, try find someone to talk to (mum?) If not there's loads of lovely ladies on here to help and support you xx

wonderwoo Sat 13-Aug-16 10:32:03

Yes, you can keep talking on here. We will listen.

Also, how about your midwife or your GP? Try not to worry about upsetting people. Most people who care would prefer that you were honest with them. Sometimes, just talking about your true feelings really helps. They always feel so much bigger when kept inside your own head.

Excuse me asking, but are you having doubts about keeping the pregnancy? I think there are charities who you can talk to about your feelings if so.

louiseanna19 Sat 13-Aug-16 17:47:24

I haven't told my mum yet I'm living with my dad and I'm only 5 weeks and she does not agree with young pregnancy for her children! And I think that could be effecting me because we're close and I'm so scared what she'll think!
What charities are there I can talk to I think that could be helpful!

wonderwoo Sat 13-Aug-16 19:58:32

I will have a quick look for some people who you can talk to.

In the meantime, your mum may feel that about pregnancy in her kids, but I expect that if she loves you she will support you and only want the best for you. I know that I would prefer for my children to not have babies early in their lives, but I would really hope they could come to me if they were in your position. Having said that, if you feel that she will try and put pressure on you to do whatever she feels is best, then it is important that you take the time to work out what you want to happen by yourself. What happens next is your choice, and nobody else's.

You must feel overwhelmed with it at the moment. Well done for coming online for some support. Do keep coming back.

I will get back to you soon when I have had a look online. Maybe some more knowledgeable people will advise you in the meantime.

wonderwoo Sat 13-Aug-16 20:01:46

I have found this website where you can find somewhere to talk through how you feel and what to do. I could not find an actual centre because I don't know where you live, so if you put your town into this website, it will hopefully come up with something:

www.pregnancychoicesdirectory.com/

Alternatively, your GP or local family planning clinic would know what is local to you too.

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

wonderwoo Sat 13-Aug-16 20:13:01

Sorry, I don't want to bombard you with information, but there are a few places who offer help to people in your position:

Brook. To find a service near you, click:
www.brook.org.uk/find-a-service

Here are some other agencies:
British Pregnancy Advisory Services (BPAS) (03457 30 40 30),
Marie Stopes UK (0345 300 80 90)
Pregnancy Advisory Service (0845 359 66 66).
Terrence Higgins Trust 0808 802 1221

These services are confidential it says, so they won't tell your parents.

I know I have provided you with loads of (maybe too much) information, but please do reach out and speak to one of them. It really does help to talk to someone in real life.

louiseanna19 Mon 15-Aug-16 08:25:43

Wow thankyou so much that is so much information! I'm so grateful, sorry I took so long to get back to the forum I've started a new job! I will look at all of those links today! Thankyou so much for spending your time to help!

wonderwoo Fri 19-Aug-16 18:24:20

How are you doing OP? Hope the new job is going well.

louiseanna19 Sat 20-Aug-16 11:48:23

I'm doing a lot better coming to terms with how my future is going to be starting to finally let myself be a bit happy! Because a life is a beautiful thing at the end of the day!!

StealthPolarBear Sat 20-Aug-16 11:51:27

Which area are you in op? If it's a family nurse partnership one you will be offered one, they are really good.
congratulations flowers

wonderwoo Sat 20-Aug-16 16:47:54

Ah good. Congratulations from me too!

louiseanna19 Sun 21-Aug-16 07:36:17

I have no idea :S

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now