Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

horrible stomach bug 15 weeks pregnant

(8 Posts)
eastcoastmum2014 Fri 12-Aug-16 19:53:08

Hi all, I'm probably being silly but I have just had the worst stomach bug ever (I'm sure you can imagine without me going into details) I'm still not feeling great and I feel sick after meals. I went a full 24 hours without eating!! I'm 15 weeks pregnant will my baby be ok even though I was so ill? I have convinced myself that my stomach has shrunk and I even dreamed last night that my baby died 😢 has anyone else had this and been ok? TIA x

Catanddogmake6 Fri 12-Aug-16 19:57:32

If it makes you feel better yes. With DD2 I had 2 stomach bugs by about 15 weeks. One just as I was pregnant but didn't know and one about 12 weeks. She is not a very healthy 3 year old. Make sure you keep hydrated and if really worried about something see a Dr but it certainly can be fine. Hope you feel better soon flowers

Catanddogmake6 Fri 12-Aug-16 19:58:39

Aargh that should read now a very healthy 3 year old (rather than a panic inducing not).

DesignedForLife Fri 12-Aug-16 21:23:19

Baby should be fine, I had horrible bug early on, now 39 weeks. Keep hydrated, if you're struggling to keep anything down contact out of hours or your midwife. Don't take Imodium or similar, but I think you can have rehydrating sachets.

Alliswellihope43 Fri 12-Aug-16 21:29:40

I had horrible stomach bug that caused me to be violently sick at 36 weeks. So bad I thought I was going into labour. Went to hosp think that turned out I was just being sick but kept me in as wasn't keeping fluids down and was dehydrated, and that was only problem
If it makes you feel better at 5 months I also had surgery for appendicitis, and baby was all peachy. I was very sick for many days after that but baby was fine all through. They're delicate yet resilient things

PotteringAlong Fri 12-Aug-16 21:32:18

Yes. For want of a better description, the baby is basically a parasite. It will take everything it needs. It will make you feel worse in the short term as the baby uses up all your reserves, but it will be fine.

JaneAustinAllegro Fri 12-Aug-16 21:33:42

yes - at more or less 15 weeks as well (and irritatingly, in a lovely country house hotel on a weekend away - it was a lovely marble bathroom to throw up on). Called 101 (? or is it 111? NHS rather than police at any rate) and they were only concerned about hydration and continued sipping water. All was fine very quickly.

twinkydink Fri 12-Aug-16 22:40:32

I've had two sickness bugs and food poisoning and I'm 19 weeks. Main thing is to try and stay hydrated, sip water even if you can't take much in! Try and eat really bland things, I tried to go back to normal food too quickly which wasn't a good idea. I heard baby's heartbeat on Monday and midwife was more than happy with everything so your little one will be fine! I have been religious with hand-washing and food hygiene ever since and will not go near anyone who has had a bug!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now