Talk

Advanced search

Back to back - 34 weeks

(4 Posts)
BettyOBarley Fri 12-Aug-16 17:16:23

Just found out today baby is back to back at 34.5 weeks.

Just looking for some things which might help to turn him at this stage please?

I've got a birthing ball but not sure if I should be sitting upright on it, leaning over it or what...

The baby is also starting to engage (only 1/5 though) so can it still turn?

HaroldCopter Fri 12-Aug-16 17:28:05

Try the Spinning Babies website - that should give you some tips. Try and sit on your birthing ball as much as possible - legs akimbo and gently bouncing or rolling to open up your pelvis to give baby space to rotate. Avoid sitting back on the sofa - sitting leaning back with your hips lower than your knees is about the worst position to be in. Don't lose heart if baby remains back to back - my understanding is they can turn at any point, including just before or during labour. And I had a back to back labour with DS2 - yes, it was more painful than with DS1 but still manageable on just gas and air, and took a while of thinking "Is this it?" to get going, but once it did was very quick (4cm - born in under 2 hours), and that was despite him coming out nose and mouth first (face presentation!).

katiegg Fri 12-Aug-16 17:41:59

Staying as active as you can helps them swing around - nothing too strenuous, even just walking and limiting the time you spend lying around (easier said than done though!)

Also, have a google for some yoga positions that apparently encourage babies to turn around... wish I'd known this last time! ds was back-to-back at 36 weeks but had turned by my 39 week appointment and then the wee bugger somehow swung around again between that appointment and delivery 6 days later! hmm didn't think that was possible, but there you go!

Hope s/he turns soon for you, there's still time! (in my experience anyway!)

BettyOBarley Fri 12-Aug-16 18:35:04

Thanks, I'll have a look at that website and Google the yoga positions!

I'm hopeful i can get him to turn as DD was still transverse at this point and did go head down although I can't remember what I did that time, I've just remembered sitting backwards on a dining chair watching TV actually so will give that a try too...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now