Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Perfume smells

(16 Posts)
tanya85 Fri 12-Aug-16 11:25:08

Hi guys just out of curiosity has anyone ever been nauseated by perfume/deodorants. I'm on my first pregnancy at 7 weeks and every time someone comes near me even if it's not strong there scents make me feel sick.

SpaceDinosaur Fri 12-Aug-16 11:28:49

YES!!!

Totally not unusual at all!

kiki22 Fri 12-Aug-16 11:52:49

Yes! I'm a beauty therapist as well so I had to work with perfumed products and on perfumed bodies it was hellish sad

OfDragonsDeep Fri 12-Aug-16 11:55:14

Yes, me it was awful. Had to make DH change deodorant. Washing powder/fabric softener was another one for me. It got a bit better at about 15 weeks and went away totally once baby here

LuckySantangelo1 Fri 12-Aug-16 12:00:58

I had this. The sanex range was my saviour; scent free shower gel and the solid stick deodorant with no nasties in it. I could still smell them but they didn't make me gag. My perfume from that period of my life I still cannot smell as it just makes me feel sick!

UnicornPee Fri 12-Aug-16 12:51:52

I haven't had this for nice perfumes.
But I opened the fridge today and nearly spewed at the smell (yet BF couldn't smell a thing)
This happened on my previous pregnancies.
Nose of a sniffer sog

kikisdelivery Fri 12-Aug-16 15:42:15

Yes! Not actual perfumes, oddly, but heavily scented bath oils/shower gels in floral or berry flavours, as well as heavily scented floral or berry candles, are turning my stomach still and I'm 14+1 now!

I normally love my scented candles, too, but right now I can't go near them!

thecatsarecrazy Fri 12-Aug-16 18:01:26

Yes. I work in a shop and ladies perfume is really strong. Gents not so bad. I've stopped wearing any. Also anyone who's been eating garlic envy blugh they only have to sit in font of me on the bus and I can smell it.

tanya85 Fri 12-Aug-16 18:26:05

Ah thank u guys so glad I'm not the only one, it seems to be bath scents and all sorts. X

Mummymulb16 Fri 12-Aug-16 20:23:37

Omg me too I hate everything scented makes it hard to not smell I always wear perfume hmm

thatsn0tmyname Fri 12-Aug-16 20:25:05

Don't wear your favourite (or any perfume) when morning sicky or you'll never want to wear it again.

NorbertDentressangle Fri 12-Aug-16 20:30:30

I was ultra-sensitive to smells during both of my pregnancies.

I frequently had to go out on joint home-visits with a colleague who used to wear the most sickly, heavy perfume. The car journey was horrendous as there was no escape.

I also had the fridge thing UnicornPee. The fridge at work or other peoples fridges were always worse than our fridge at home though.

Oh and on one infamous occasion DP farted one morning after drinking real ale the night before and the smell of his fart actually made me throw-up.

Slothlikesundays Sat 13-Aug-16 12:01:38

Perfume, air freshener, fabric conditioners/washing powders. Spent weeks being sick every time I had to put on clean clothes. Full term now and still can't stand the smell of most of it.

choccybiscuit Sat 13-Aug-16 13:48:43

Yes! My first pregnancy I had this. I still to this day cannot bare the smell of vanilla citrus musk perfume. It makes me shudder inside!

Bella1985 Sat 13-Aug-16 15:30:16

My morning sicknes kicked in just after we bought a huge box of it and my stingy side forced me to keep using it despite wanting to vomit every time I caught a whiff of my clothes! DH and I called my super strength nose my pregnancy super power but I'm in the 2nd trimester now an it's gone! I could tell when my boss had been in to my office based on the lingering smell of her perfume, much to the surprise of my 3 colleagues I share an office with who couldn't smell a thing when I told them I knew she'd been in, and they'd seen her but not noticed the perfume smell! It's annoying when you don't like a smell, but I loved it when I found a smell I liked, it was like being a cat or dog!!

Bella1985 Sat 13-Aug-16 15:30:57

Oops, 'it' being Persil washing powder!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now