Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Rib pain

(3 Posts)
thefirsttimesinglemum Thu 11-Aug-16 19:21:18

Hi everyone
I'm 28+3 and have had rib pain for the last 6 weeks. In the last 2 weeks it's become horrendous. My midwife has basically told me to grin and bare it and it's worse because I'm tall. I'm struggling to get through the day at work as its a lot worse when sitting down. It's also stopping me sleep!
Is there anything I can do to ease it?
I'm willing to try anything!

speedyboots Thu 11-Aug-16 19:32:31

I've had this with both my pregnancies. Unfortunately there's not much you can do. I did get referred for physio by my gp (not in the uk) and it was basically massage which was nice and helped at the time but didn't make a difference long term. I did find it more comfortable to sleep on that side and have a pillow between my knees. On the plus side, both times it disappeared immediately after giving birth.

thefirsttimesinglemum Thu 11-Aug-16 20:07:55

Thanks for your reply! They actually feel bruised to touch! There's just no relief lol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now