Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Back to back

(8 Posts)
Jenjen85 Thu 11-Aug-16 10:45:58

Currently 37+1 and baby is back to back any ideas how i can get baby to turn and stay the right way. Keep getting sharp pains in my cervix and midwife has said babys head is starting to engage into my pelvis also having pressure in my rectum which she has said also indicates back to back

Dixiechick17 Thu 11-Aug-16 15:55:13

I've heard that the spinning babies website is meant to be good for tips.

Flossiesmummy Thu 11-Aug-16 15:56:09

Swimming worked for me first time round.

Nothing worked for me second time round.

Whatsername17 Thu 11-Aug-16 16:11:35

I delivered back to back. It was fine x

Jenjen85 Thu 11-Aug-16 20:40:53

whatshername17 can i ask how long your labour was? This is baby number 2 so hoping he turns to normal position. DD labour was 5.5hrs so hooing for a quicker one this tome round

April241 Thu 11-Aug-16 21:41:31

At the daisy pregnancy yoga class I go to the teacher recommended getting onto all fours and rocking back and forth to turn back to back babies. There were a few girls at 36-38 weeks and she'd recommended they do it at home a few times a day.

NickyEds Thu 11-Aug-16 21:49:26

When I was in labour with dd and she was back to back the mw said to lay on my left side- she said it was the only thing she had ever know to work. It did and dd came out very easily once turned.

Whatsername17 Thu 11-Aug-16 22:11:04

Labour was long but I had other complications that had nothing to do with dd being back to back. The 'official' time on my medical notes was 8 hours. I had problems dilating and kept stop starting so I remember it as more like 36 hours! Once she crowned they turned her anyway. I had labour pains in my back rather than my tummy. Honestly, it was fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now