Talk

Advanced search

Rib Pain

(5 Posts)
Tans1987 Wed 10-Aug-16 18:52:43

Hello ladies
I am now 34 weeks pregnant with my first baby I have had rib pain since week 30 and these past two weeks it has been awful! I can't even sit at my desk and have had to finish work earlier than planned. It was all in my left and now it's all in my right it actually feels like my ribs are on fire!! I get sharpe pains there too. My midwife is saying this is normal. At 28 weeks I had a growth scan and they told me she was head down. Should I be getting this much pain if she's head down? Anyone else suffered with this?
Tanya

Fuzzywuzzywasabear Wed 10-Aug-16 18:56:39

It's rib flare basically your rib cage is stretching to accommodate the baby.

I had it really bad from around 16 until about 32 weeks, try sitting on a birthing ball and stretching up and slightly to the side it helps.

hopeful31yrs Wed 10-Aug-16 19:16:38

I'm getting it on the right lower rib margin and had it with my first. Same burning pain and numbness over the skin in a small patch. It has been made worse by my bra - maybe something to think about?

SouthDownsSunshine Wed 10-Aug-16 19:26:15

I've got this as well, and at 23 weeks it's starting to get unbearable already sad I had it with dd as well, and ended up being signed off work early as I couldn't cope with the pain during the commute and sitting at a desk.

Mine gets a bit better if I stand straight and don't carry anything ... so that'll be almost no situation then!

The pain for me is very site specific to where I fractured a rib some years ago.

Becciilouisex3 Wed 10-Aug-16 22:58:38

If I were you I'd get your blood pressure and urine checked lovely as rib pain CAN be a sign of preeclampsia. Not saying it necessarily is, there are numerous things it could be however, it's worth getting checked out to rule out preeclampsia for sure.

Good luck. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now