Talk

Advanced search

Possibly pregnant - advice please!

(2 Posts)
Lucyloo8378 Tue 09-Aug-16 14:27:28

Hi all,

First time poster but an avid reader!

I wondered if someone could shed some light on what might be biology basic, but when I need to work this out for myself I am struggling!

I had unprotected sex on 29th July. I hadn't had sex for almost six months before this. My cycle is usually every 28-30days, more often than not it is every 28/29 days and almost to the hour. My period was due on Sat 6th (so 8 days after the unprotected sex) but I came on unexpectedly and completely unusually on 1 Aug, which is 5 days before I was due to and 3 days after the unexpected sex. This means my cycle for last month was only 23days. This has never, ever happened before.

I know it's too early to take a test, but is is possible to be pregnant?! It just seems so odd that my period came 5 days early, and 3 days after having the unprotected sex.

I have been pregnant before and I recall early signs such a twinges, and I am not sure if I am experiencing exactly the same feeling now, or whether I'm just going mad! Plus, I don't think it was this early on in the first month.

Can anyone impart some valuable advice? Has anyone fallen pregnant in the same way, in the same or similar circumstances?

Oysterbabe Tue 09-Aug-16 15:16:31

It's not too early to take a test, we're 3 days past when your period would normally arrive. I'd POAS and take it from there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now