Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this a possible missed miscarriage ?

(12 Posts)
user1464727307 Tue 09-Aug-16 12:17:42

Hey everyone I am 9 weeks pregnant and have had awful breast pain and some morning sickness but over the last few days I've had nothing no pain or nausea, just disappeared all of a sudden and I'm worried Incase this is a missed miscarriage , I have my booking in appointment tomorrow with the midwife what should I do ?

KateTheShrew Tue 09-Aug-16 13:00:45

Sorry to hear you're feeling worried. It's actually good timing that your booking appointment is tomorrow; tell your midwife that you're concerned, and explain why, and see what she suggests. She may be able to book you an early reassurance scan.

Having said that, symptoms coming and going often are not a good indication of how a pregnancy is going, although it's true that sometimes (not always) it can be a sign of something wrong. Also, symptoms sometimes ease for a couple of days and then come back.

My first pregnancy ended in a missed miscarriage: I had a slight bleed at 10 weeks, was sent for an early scan, and it was found that the pregnancy had stopped developing at about 6 weeks -- in all those weeks I still felt sick, had sore boobs, was exhausted etc, so there was no change in symptoms to tell me that something was wrong. In my next pregnancy (which resulted in a healthy baby!) I had very few symptoms and they were basically gone by 9 weeks. of course I was convinced that meant things had gone wrong again, but was sent for an early scan and all was well!

That's all a roundabout way of saying, try not to rely too much/worry too much about symptoms. But do tell your midwife that you're concerned and hopefully they will do their best to reassure you. Good luck!

LightTripper Tue 09-Aug-16 13:47:23

I have some friends whose sickness did just suddenly disappear with no bad effects on the pregnancy. I had one MMC and my sickness actually continued (as there was a perfectly good placenta there - it was just the foetus that hadn't developed), and actually continued for a good 3-4 days after the p/g ended. So it's really hard to tell - sickness is such a weird thing everybody's experience is totally different.

I agree the best thing is to talk to your MW at the booking in. Hopefully she might be able to book you a reassurance scan, depending on what the policy in your area is, or at least book your first scan as early in the window as possible so you get some reassurance sooner rather than later.

Frazzled2207 Tue 09-Aug-16 13:51:45

I have heard that it's common for symptoms to go away around the 9/10 week mark I wouldn't be unduly worried but do mention to the midwife.

LightTripper Tue 09-Aug-16 13:55:13

e.g. have a look at ShellBell around half way down this thread: her m/s disappeared overnight at 9 weeks but she still had a healthy pregnancy at 22 weeks! Just shows everybody is different.

www.whattoexpect.com/forums/35-moms-to-be/topic/morning-sickness-losing-it-around-8-9-weeks.html

Struggler83 Tue 09-Aug-16 19:50:54

My symptoms (nausea and agonizingly sore nipples) disappeared completely at 8.5/9 weeks or so. To the point where I was periodically pinching and poking my nipples to see if they were still sore grin.

I'm now 28+2 and have a giant baby to somehow push out of me in 12 weeks time!

I think it's totally normal, your hormones fluctuate sooooo much in the first trimester so your symptoms will fluctuate as well. Try not to worry, and best of luck with your appointment.

Mybugslife Wed 10-Aug-16 09:37:14

My last pregnancy was a mmc and I still had all my symptoms. This pregnancy, like my daughters 6 years ago, has been a breeze I've barely had any symptoms at all apart from a metallic taste in my mouth which went away around 7-8 weeks. I'm now 15 weeks and all is fine. Try not to worry, but speak to midwife as she'll be able to reassure you xx

MonkeyPoozzled76 Wed 10-Aug-16 23:11:33

Hey OP, how are you getting on today?

I could have written your post, I've had exactly the same symptoms as you so far. I am currently 9+3 and as of a couple of days ago all my symptoms disappeared. I think I'm still a bit tired and bloated but all nausea has gone, I ate vegetables for the first time in weeks today. My boobs didn't mind the suspension in DH's car today, a couple of weeks ago I could only travel in his car with my arms crossed to hold my boobs down. hmm

I have a scan in a weeks time so I guess I'll know what going on then but currently fretting like mad.

Whatsername17 Wed 10-Aug-16 23:21:50

I had a missed miscarriage which was diagnosed at 11 weeks. My symptoms were as strong as ever and I threw up 4 times a day even once I knew my baby had died and I was waiting to deliver. My mmc was mismanaged and I was forced to endure a natural miscarriage which took 2 1/2 weeks to happen after my diagnosis. I was sick, my boobs were agony, you name it, I had it. With my dd and my current pregnancy, I've barely had any sickness or nausea. My boobs have hurt intimitantly. I've been tired but also had energetic days. Symptoms mean nothing. Try not to worry, fingers crossed for healthy babies on your scans. flowers

Ashley02 Mon 28-Nov-16 17:55:07

Hi all, my LMP was 9/10/16 so I should be 7 weeks plus 1. However 2 weeks ago I was spotting with right sided pain.. so I went to EPU where they scanned me and all seemed fine but was too early to see a foetus. So they rebooked me in for today. My scan showed that my sack had grown but no evidence of a foetus. EPU seem concerned but have re booked me back in for another 2 weeks time. They said even if my dates are wrong it would only be a week and they would still see something. I just know there's no baby but I guess I have to keep a little hope. Anybody with a similar experience? Thank you in advance x

ConvincingLiar Mon 28-Nov-16 18:42:56

LMP is not necessarily a reliable way of dating a pregnancy. I had a scan where I expected to be 8 weeks pregnant, but looked only 5 weeks pregnant. A fortnight later it was 7 weeks and another fortnight later it was 9 weeks. BUT I have an irregular cycle so just have ovulated really late.

Good luck with it. You're better off starting your own threads than resurrecting an old one.

Ashley02 Mon 28-Nov-16 19:29:42

Thank you! Am new to this and swore I started a thread after looking through others stories x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now